Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see...I think.
Instead of being in the files outside, the names are in the files for the game itself, so, you cannot use an NTR plugin to translate them?
Well no that's not how it works, there's a romfs (which is the games files themselves) and exfs (the code), and it just so happens that they put all the skill names and ailments in code.

Reactions: Kotomine Kirei

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well no that's not how it works, there's a romfs (which is the games files themselves) and exfs (the code), and it just so happens that they put all the skill names and ailments in code.

So...the romfs is where you have been getting the files to translate for the plugin patch, and the exfs is where the skill/ailment names are, right?

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What/where exactly is the exfs?
I know that you said it is the game's code, but it must be stored in a file, right?
Is there some reason that you cannot use a modified version of it through NTR's plugin feature?

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What/where exactly is the exfs?
I know that you said it is the game's code, but it must be stored in a file, right?
Is there some reason that you cannot use a modified version of it through NTR's plugin feature?
Well NTR doesn't do anything with the exfs, it only deals with the romfs in which if it detect the same file in your SD it uses the one on the SD instead.
Updates on the other hand usually just update the games code (exfs) and if the update has a romfs included the developer would also change the code to mount the PatchFS (which is what some games call it) and make it call other files instead.

Edit: This is what I seemed to have observed so far, I could be wrong and different games may do it differently.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well NTR doesn't do anything with the exfs, it only deals with the romfs in which if it detect the same file in your SD it uses the one on the SD instead.
Updates on the other hand usually just update the games code (exfs) and if the update has a romfs included the developer would also change the code to mount the PatchFS (which is what some games call it) and make it call other files instead.

Edit: This is what I seemed to have observed so far, I could be wrong and different games may do it differently.

I see. That is interesting, but I wonder why NTR does not work with exfs...
So, how do you modify the updates, and why are you stuck?

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see. That is interesting, but I wonder why NTR does not work with exfs...
So, how do you modify the updates, and why are you stuck?
It's not that it doesn't, the plugin layeredfs was made to just work with files, not code, Hans works with it though.

And I think because there's new bytes in the code.bin I gotta repack it with new info in the exefsheader and such, I have no idea how to do that, I'm reaching out to people for help.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not that it doesn't, the plugin layeredfs was made to just work with files, not code, Hans works with it though.

And I think because there's new bytes in the code.bin I gotta repack it with new info in the exefsheader and such, I have no idea how to do that, I'm reaching out to people for help.

I see.
Well, you probably have already, but have you tried asking the people that did/are doing the Fire Emblem translation/extended supports if they know anything about that?

Swizardo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I try to run the game with your patch I get an error, which makes me reboot my system, but when I run it without NTR it does fine. What am I doing wrong?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Every time I try to run the game with your patch I get an error, which makes me reboot my system, but when I run it without NTR it does fine. What am I doing wrong?

Turns it was just the update fucking it up, once i uninstalled that everything was fine. Carry on, friend.

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Turns it was just the update fucking it up, once i uninstalled that everything was fine. Carry on, friend.

Well no you can use it with the update, you have to use the 1.1 version for that. The 1.0 version is for it without the update.
Anyway I'm going to remove the 1.0 version soon since 1.1 is going to be mandatory with the next update.

Swizardo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well no you can use it with the update, you have to use the 1.1 version for that. The 1.0 version is for it without the update.
Anyway I'm going to remove the 1.0 version soon since 1.1 is going to be mandatory with the next update.
That's weird thing - I had the 1.1 version installed, not the 1.0. That's why I was so confused

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay