ROM Hack [WIP] Shin Megami Tensai IV Final - English Translation

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm struggling to do the same. I believe you can follow this tutorial to decrypt the rom and extract the exeFS.bin. Then you are supposed to run that decrypted exeFS.bin file through the layeredFS batch file to make the layeredFS.plg. I've followed these steps but the game crashes one the first loading screen with "Now Loading" in the bottom right corner of the screen so I'm pretty sure I botched it at some point.

pivix

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Everytime I read the topic of this thread I am thinking that final version of patch was released :)

Wysłane z mojego LG-D855 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everytime I read the topic of this thread I am thinking that final version of patch was released :)

Wysłane z mojego LG-D855 przy użyciu Tapatalka
I just haven't taken the time to make a layeredfs plugin for the 1.1 patch, I put a method in the instructions if you want to do it yourself, I'll get on it later.

Also how is it so far?

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I haven't had much time to play as of yet. By the time I got it running last night it was super late haha. I did just get the patch working with the v1.1, DLC works too!

Also, as I can't too too much in the translation department I've uploaded is the v1.1 layeredFS here. The required file name for the patch files is "SMT4Final" the same as the one you posted. Feel free to download and include in the official layeredFS zip you've provided. Hopefully this will make your life easier. Again, thanks a ton for the translation and your help getting it running yesterday.

s97kzuq.png

Last edited by ongo_gablogian,
Reactions: Kotomine Kirei

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't had much time to play as of yet. By the time I got it running last night it was super late haha. I did just get the patch working with the v1.1, DLC works too!

Also, as I can't too too much in the translation department I've uploaded is the v1.1 layeredFS here. The required file name for the patch files is "SMT4Final" the same as the one you posted. Feel free to download and include in the official layeredFS zip you've provided. Hopefully this will make your life easier. And again, thanks a ton for the translation and your help getting it running yesterday.

s97kzuq.png
Wow that's awesome dude! And yeah I'll post this up on the front page. Also, I'm pretty sure it works like the previous game where the DLC is already packaged and all you're actually purchasing is an unlock key.

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it'll will work without the patch, but at the moment the only way to run out of region DLC is via BootNTR with the Language emulation plugin.

The langemu_jp.plg is included in the zip I uploaded :)

Reactions: Kotomine Kirei

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to