Homebrew [WIP] [Pretendo Network] SMM Booting and course uploading re-enabled

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to read into the dmca again at that specific exemption about re'ing online services for clean room development but from my understanding it's only exempt if it relies on servers to function (ex mmo's) i would tread lightly on this especially with the take 2 lawsuit playing out which means OG Xbox's insignia could be in danger as well

RedDucks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to read into the dmca again at that specific exemption about re'ing online services for clean room development but from my understanding it's only exempt if it relies on servers to function (ex mmo's) i would tread lightly on this especially with the take 2 lawsuit playing out which means OG Xbox's insignia could be in danger as well

We have been working on the project on and off for several years now. Everything we are doing is completely legal and clean room. If Nintendo was going to do anything about it they would have by now

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video Games Requiring Server Communication—for Continued Individual Play and Preservation of Games by Libraries, Archives, and Museums
Multiple organizations petitioned to renew the exemption for video games for which outside server support has been discontinued. The petitions stated that individuals still need the exemption to engage in continued play and libraries and museums continue to need the exemption to preserve and curate video games in playable form. In addition, the petitioners demonstrated personal knowledge and experience with regard to this exemption through past participation in the 1201 triennial rulemaking relating to access controls on video games and consoles, and/or representing major library associations with members that have relied on this exemption.

Accordingly, the Acting Register recommends renewal of this exemption and will consider proposed expansions below in the discussion on Proposed Class 8 t(he bolded text is where we maybe in a grey area (unless we only do games that require online to function at all SMM still has one player and doesn't require online to function at all

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i'm just paranoid about the recent T2 lawsuit the factor though was Re GTA clean room or not? that's the deciding factor

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video Games Requiring Server Communication—for Continued Individual Play and Preservation of Games by Libraries, Archives, and Museums
Multiple organizations petitioned to renew the exemption for video games for which outside server support has been discontinued. The petitions stated that individuals still need the exemption to engage in continued play and libraries and museums continue to need the exemption to preserve and curate video games in playable form. In addition, the petitioners demonstrated personal knowledge and experience with regard to this exemption through past participation in the 1201 triennial rulemaking relating to access controls on video games and consoles, and/or representing major library associations with members that have relied on this exemption.

Accordingly, the Acting Register recommends renewal of this exemption and will consider proposed expansions below in the discussion on Proposed Class 8 t(he bolded text is where we maybe in a grey area (unless we only do games that require online to function at all SMM still has one player and doesn't require online to function at all

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i'm just paranoid about the recent T2 lawsuit the factor though was Re GTA clean room or not? that's the deciding factor
I honestly think you're worried over nothing.

Are you aware of Wiimmfi, Riiconnect24, or WiiLink? These are all different online aspects of the original Wii that have been brought back to life through the homebrew scene, some of these are newer projects, but Wiimmfi, the service that brings back online gaming to Wii games, has been around for years now without a single issue. And it's not like these things are secret or difficult to find. I know Nintendo likes to shut down fan projects, but this kind of thing has never seemed to be one of those things that Nintendo goes after.

LukeyaMorrisonn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. Thank you for sharing this SMM course. I like the fact that I can study valuable things online. I want to learn how to be an SMM marketologist. It's exciting to do this. I have experience working with SMM panels from https://nlosmm.com/. I liked the effectiveness of this way of promoting my brand. So I wanted to study the working methods and effectiveness of SMM or SEO principles. The first time I used the SMM panel was when I tried to gain a large audience on Twitter. I wanted to become a person whose opinion is considered important and authoritative. And I did it! So I believe SMM is cool.

Last edited by LukeyaMorrisonn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD