Homebrew [WIP]PCHex++ - PCHex with its own gui

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, first of all, i tested this shinyfying a Pokémon and editing a few IVs and natures and this is amazing, powerful and amazing, i admit it even scares me a bit.

About this

There are people in this forum who is on emunand and, for convenience, have migrated their cartridge saves to .cia, using them on emulated nand wich makes loading the hbl extremely cumbersome. If i knew how to code i would be building a .cia version myself, because it is a need for emunand+digital users.

We all know this, but this question has been asked 15 time at least on this sole thread and an equal amount of time on nearly every thread about homebrews that use hbl's title selector. I'm no homebrew dev, but if I was one I'd have quit by now because of that.

Reactions: dsoldier

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, first of all, i tested this shinyfying a Pokémon and editing a few IVs and natures and this is amazing, powerful and amazing, i admit it even scares me a bit

Don't know why it scares you :D

Anyway i already stated (more time than i can count, actually) that the .cia version will come, just a little bit of patience (probably the cia version of PHBank will come first as the work on that is already more or less done, but don't want to ruin Gocario's fun)

I can already say that it will look like this:

scr_2_MERGED.png

(@dsoldier is re-doing all the graphical job on the gui and he is a great partner to work with)

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country

Well, it's not like it is exactly bad :P But it makes really easy to fix mistakes or change a pokémon to be exactly as you wanted. And the end, it's up to the user how you use a tool, but as i was going through all my lvl 100 boxes (quite a few, taking in account that i have pokémon from Gen 3) the though of modifying every single one of them to get them as i exactly wanted made me exit the app and turn off my 3DS XD

The UI is easy enough and you can edit almost every single value, for someone who has been always walking in the straight path it is almos frightening but what the hell, i want the pokémons from my teen years to be even more perfect.

also, thanks for working on the .cia >__o i'll be a good manchild and have patience :)

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does this work on *hax2.5 because i keep getting a red screen.

It does. That red screen bug has been solved ages ago, be sure to grab the latest version from OP.
More than that: is your .xml file and the data folder in the same path as the .3dsx file?

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It does. That red screen bug has been solved ages ago, be sure to grab the latest version from OP.
More than that: is your .xml file and the data folder in the same path as the .3dsx file?
Oh i have an outdated version. Il try the new one.

VaiCorinthians

Trophies
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea

Anyway i already stated (more time than i can count, actually) that the .cia version will come, just a little bit of patience (probably the cia version of PHBank will come first as the work on that is already more or less done, but don't want to ruin Gocario's fun)

I can already say that it will look like this:

scr_2_MERGED.png

(@dsoldier is re-doing all the graphical job on the gui and he is a great partner to work with)
It is getting amazing.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1 thing I'd like to mention....
sometimes, this editor triggered secure value after using it... sdf can delete the secure value though, but it's inconvenient.:(

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1 thing I'd like to mention....
sometimes, this editor triggered secure value after using it... sdf can delete the secure value though, but it's inconvenient.:(

This seems really strange as the secure value is never touched in any way (it is not even accessed by the program as it resides in a total separate position from the actual save)

I never experienced this but i really want to investigate. Has it happened more than once? Is there a way to replicate the bug (ie: does it happen every time or only under particular circumstances?)

Has someone else experienced this? I'm concerned because this seems really critical to me.

Last edited by Slashcash,

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't even know what's the secure value.
Could someone please explain?

It's a 3ds safety measure which should prevent modification of a savefile (intentional, like in our case or random corruptions) it's something like a savefile signature checks. If the save file gets modified the secure values don't match anymore and the save is considered corrupted.

PCHex++ gets rid of this protection by actually accessing only the data where your pokemon are stored without modifying your secure value so i would say that the secure value corruption in that case is not PCHex++ fault (even because as of now the program has been used and tested more than intensively)

I will look into that further when i get some more info anyway.

It's nothing to worry about anyway. Even if the secure value protection gets triggere it can be removed with sdf or other related homebrew tool and your save file will be back in a blink of an eye

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I ask an off topic question?...

do you know how to install freetype correctly...
it's the only one in portlibs pack that I can't install....

"checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... no
checking whether to build shared libraries... no
checking whether to build static libraries... yes
checking for i686-pc-mingw32-gcc... no
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: cannot find native C compiler
make[1]: *** [setup] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/d/devkitPro/portlibs/freetype-2.6.3'
make: *** [freetype] Error 2
"

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh I see.
Well I never had any issues so far that I can tell.

I might have to try out the newest build just to be sure.

If you own a cart version of the game you'll never have any problem with the secure value because it's not checked for obvious reasons. It's only a thing for .cia games, either legit from eshop or installed under a CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh