Hacking [WIP] open source Kernel access on 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furrymatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, ninjhax won't work on 4.5.0-10J. does anyone know how to fix?

Is the boot.3dsx file on the root of the sd card?

Attachments

• 173.png
    173.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 187

tvo770

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it just crashes.

Had more or less the same problem with mine eventually got it working by holding the scan by the QR code for a very long time even after it froze eventually it went in I think it's because it's downloading the data and if you move the QR scanner is doing that it crashes and I noticed the download time is reduced the faster your internet connect.

Reactions: Furrymatt

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just read the topic gonna buy a new 3ds and have oot so if u need my help you welcome
Ps:Have a good base in c++ but want to learn others programing language what u recomand?

fuyukaidesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You should start with a simpler assembly language on a registry machine, like MIPS, when you get a hang of it you can move on to ARM, reverse exploits/payload/code/whatever and refer to the wiki for in-depth explanations (when available).

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
90% of the complainers will never actually use the source even if it was open to the public, nevermind be able to read it.

There reason that i think that people are complaining about KARL is that because they are closed source, they do not harm regular users, but it will hold back 3DS cfw development. If every developer needed to make his own closed source arm9 exploit-stuff then it would take weeks-months-never for most of them.
People don't get started on the cool stuff because they don't have kernel access. If something like KARL or RX would be open source months ago, 3DS homebrew development would have been so much further.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe not this time but for future console I want to be a part of hacking community
I have the brain for but not the knoledge cuz I was to lazy but seig this just give me the motivation to learn more and more programing
languages so I'm going to learn asm more deeply(have few base(realy bad))
if I don't die of a head explosion the folowing weeks then maybe i could help =D

Reactions: overlord00

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There reason that i think that people are complaining about KARL is that because they are closed source, they do not harm regular users, but it will hold back 3DS cfw development. If every developer needed to make his own closed source arm9 exploit-stuff then it would take weeks-months-never for most of them.
People don't get started on the cool stuff because they don't have kernel access. If something like KARL or RX would be open source months ago, 3DS homebrew development would have been so much further.
I originally wanted KARL to be completely open, however it ended up being a really bad idea at the time because it takes you to the actual firm launch. However we opened it because there was no longer a point to keeping it closed. We would have preferred it to stay closed, but whatever I guess.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I originally wanted KARL to be completely open, however it ended up being a really bad idea at the time because it takes you to the actual firm launch. However we opened it because there was no longer a point to keeping it closed. We would have preferred it to stay closed, but whatever I guess.

The only disadvantage is that piracy will become a problem soon,
Probs won't take long before everyone can install a cfw and run unsigned code

Reactions: Margen67

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so as far as illegal .cia files go are we at that stage where all we need is someone smart and willing to take karl to the next level?

This talk belongs more in the KARL thread. KARL will be completely closed-source and protected against RE from the ARM9 stage on out. Nobody is going to 'take our code to the next level', we're not dumb enough to not protect against that.

Other questions: Bootstrap lets you run whatever code you want on ARM9. You could make a nice decryptor or NAND dumper right this second if you wanted to, everything is public and ready for consumption. And firmlaunch-hax is... already public? How else do you think we're running ARM9 code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: My older brother +1