Status
Not open for further replies.

badger_vm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, Alfa 5 in a 9.2.0-20E 3DS
if I put OSKA.3dsx in the root of the sd the homebrew laucher doesn't recognise it and doesn't show up.

When i put it on the 3DS folder it shows up but I only have black screens and a reboot, i tried 5 times and it's always the same.

Trophies
Website
173210.github.io
XP
Country
Huh, this is actually progressing quite fast. What's your entry point, again?
Cubic Ninja. If you want to ask about ARM9 exploit, see Yifan Lu's blog.

Any plans to make this available for N3DS?
No. But I'll port to N3DS when it get working on old 3DS because I'm N3DS owner, too.

cherryduck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cubic Ninja. If you want to ask about ARM9 exploit, see Yifan Lu's blog.

No. But I'll port to N3DS when it get working on old 3DS because I'm N3DS owner, too.

Sorry could you clarify please. You said no plans to make this available for N3DS, but you'll port it to N3DS eventually, so that would be yes surely?

I don't mean to be pedantic, it just looks like your project could be the best bet for me as a N3DS and Cubic Ninja owner so I'm following your progress with a lot of interest and want to be sure whether you will or will not be making OSKA N3DS compatible!

SaagiBols

The AnalSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
OSKA is an exploit and a CFW.

I finished writing ARM9 exploit! I'm going to write an easy ARM9 payload...
Great :}
..but the wiki and some other post say NO-PIRACY :) when i said CFW i meant piracy/PalentineCFW, or is the no-piracy thing just an formality thing?

basically my understanding of how OSKA will be is like the rxTools CFW which doesn't skip the legality-check of installed cia's, but as the creator of it said he already has the Piracy-enabled version of it and will not be releasing it until someone else does it first.... and so the difference between OSKA and rxTool-CFW will be that OSKA is open-source allowing someone to modify it to allow Piracy/legal checks-skipping???

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
..but the wiki and some other post say NO-PIRACY :) when i said CFW i meant piracy/PalentineCFW, or is the no-piracy thing just an formality thing?

basically my understanding of how OSKA will be is like the rxTools CFW which doesn't skip the legality-check of installed cia's, but as the creator of it said he already has the Piracy-enabled version of it and will not be releasing it until someone else does it first.... and so the difference between OSKA and rxTool-CFW will be that OSKA is open-source allowing someone to modify it to allow Piracy/legal checks-skipping???
Isn''t it illegal to link it here? Perhaps on the ISO sites, but is it OK to link a ROM loader on GBAtemp?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Palantine can be linked here and it enables unsigned CIA loading. As long as who ever provides the payload to allow unsigned CIAs in this doesn't provide any copyrighted Nintendo code, they can release it here. The reason Gateway launchers can't be linked to here is because Gateway is lazy and just overwrites the entire arm9 binary with a modified version of their own. At least that's from what I've heard. :P

rxTools does something similar. Only that to get around the issue, the dev made a program to download the firmware binary from CDN so he doesn't have to provide it himself.

Palantine simply only hooked the needed functions to patch it I think. Didn't actually contain the Arm9/Arm11 binary from Nintendo. So it can be distributed here.

128bit_benny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

This imho, they just not activly support it but dont do anything to prevent it. The whole arm11/arm9 exploits are the difficult thingy, since OSKA got acess to arm9 and is open source, enabling piracy wont be difficult.

SaagiBols

The AnalSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
This imho, they just not activly support it but dont do anything to prevent it. The whole arm11/arm9 exploits are the difficult thingy, since OSKA got acess to arm9 and is open source, enabling piracy wont be difficult.
yep exactly thats why i asked if anyone here is planing on modifying it for piracy once it is done/released...

Reactions: Margen67

CravingCritic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep exactly thats why i asked if anyone here is planing on modifying it for piracy once it is done/released...

The ones who get around to modifying it for warez will end up keeping it behind closed doors. Not unlike the rest of the GBAtemp community. Pretty sure the only reason PalantineCFW exists is because he just tweaked Govanify's leaked CFW, so Palantine wouldn't take the heat himself.
I'm not bitching, though. There's a lot of possible negative repercussions for releasing something like that, so keeping it under lock and key is a good idea.

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The ones who get around to modifying it for warez will end up keeping it behind closed doors. Not unlike the rest of the GBAtemp community. Pretty sure the only reason PalantineCFW exists is because he just tweaked Govanify's leaked CFW, so Palantine wouldn't take the heat himself.

That's probably unlikely. Palantine and the leaked CFW it was based on was closed source already and the entire thing was never meant to be released and was leaked. OSKA was designed to be public and open source. A lot of the hardcore work to get it to work has already been done so even the less experienced devs can probably enable unsigned CIA installation. So I don't think one will stay private for very long. ;)

SaagiBols

The AnalSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm not bitching, though. There's a lot of possible negative repercussions for releasing something like that, so keeping it under lock and key is a good idea.
As 128bit said: ((...The whole arm11/arm9 exploits are the difficult thingy, since OSKA got acess to arm9 and is open source, enabling piracy wont be difficult.))

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Can we please stop talking about piracy specifically? I want us to focus more on the other legitimate reasons why the signature checks should be patched out. :P

People shouldn't immediately scream. "Yay we can haz warez loader" all over the place at the mention of this. This is why we can't have nice things. :P

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we please stop talking about piracy specifically? I want us to focus more on the other legitimate reasons why the signature checks should be patched out. :P

People shouldn't immediately scream. "Yay we can haz warez loader" all over the place at the mention of this. This is why we can't have nice things. :P

How about backing up and running our own carts? For me that's a pretty big motivator to have my collection available with me wherever I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah don't smoke cigarettes while pregnant smoke meth instead +1