[WIP] Ohana3DS tool

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by gdkchan, Jul 11, 2015.

1. gryz

gryz GBAtemp Fan

May 26, 2016
    United States
    How can I export models individually? I want to replace some animations, but all it does is export the animation in to a big .smd. I want to give Marth Roy's Flare Blade animation (Neutral B), because it is similar to the Melee animation and it looks okay on Marth. How can I import INDIVIDUAL animations? Can anyone help me?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Just to clarify, I JUST want Roy's Flare Blade over Marth's Neutral B.

2. TicTacToo

TicTacToo Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hey guys, I'm looking for some people to test little features I managed to implement for Rebirth.
    1. Is an extra Panel to manage a models meshes. It lists all of them and let you have an look separate in the 3D Viewer.
    SCreenshotOhana3DS.PNG
    2. This Mesh Panel offers you the option to replace a single Mesh with the limitation that the new Mesh need to same number of vertices as the original. At the moment, I only tried so modify some meshes I exported my the second option on this panel, the Mesh Export. I moved them around to check if its possible to replace the meshes within a model. The third option saves every modified mesh in the data that was loaded with the dialog.
    3. The last thing is something I named Map Collider Editor. Don't know if the name is a good choice and I know that the GUI is very ugly, but it does its job. It edits and saves the map data of the chosen file.
    MapColliderEditor.PNG

Well, its nothing total new because it's only recreation of what Ohana3DS does, but I thought its may interesting for some of you. I hope that I can improve some of the features in future. :)

Please feel free to PM me, if you would like to test it!

PS: I hope it's okay to post it in this thread, even if I'm not the original creator of the program.

Last edited by TicTacToo, Jul 25, 2016
    thane98 and I pwned U! like this.
  3. Dab980

Dab980 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2016
    United States
    Does anyone know why it wont import custom textures im trying to retexture super mario 3d land

4. flarn2006

flarn2006 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    You should probably update that...

5. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    Rebirth still cannot modify files that are completely usable by games... Also, they have been ded for 3 months.

Thelostrune likes this.
  6. LudoMako

LudoMako GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2016
    Italy
    Do you think it could fix my mirai dx rips? I'm talking about the mapping since stages and modules have like map/tex issues

7. LudoMako

LudoMako GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2016
    Italy
    Also 2 models don' open in ohana,even if they are from the same game. it says that it's over the limits or that is not supported in a way...

8. gryz

gryz GBAtemp Fan

May 26, 2016
    United States
    Oy, you! Read your PM, I want to test this so my team of Smash 3DS modders and I can make new skins for our project!

9. Reserved

Reserved GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2015
    United States
    Was this ever sorted out? The animation files of Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot suffer with the same issue. They view properly in Ohana3DS itself, but exporting them gives the same error and screws it up.

10. CHICAGO-lollie

CHICAGO-lollie Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2015
    No, sadly not. It seems to be an issue with the exporter.
    https://github.com/gdkchan/Ohana3DS-Rebirth/issues/31

11. gdkchan
    OP

gdkchan GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2015
    Brazil
    Should be fixed on lastest commit.

Edit: A note about the Badge Arcade models: Those also use scaling animations to do the "muscles" and other effects, and bone scaling isn't supported by the SMD format, therefore those animations will not look totally correct after exported.

It's alright.

Last edited by gdkchan, Aug 1, 2016
  12. Thelostrune

Thelostrune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 13, 2015
    Norway
    Welcome back

CHICAGO-lollie likes this.
  13. 3DSJunkie

3DSJunkie GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Sounds all good but where is the material settings file?... or shader settings... how can we get that?

14. KoopaStarRpad

KoopaStarRpad Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    <solved>

Last edited by KoopaStarRpad, Aug 21, 2016
  15. gryz

gryz GBAtemp Fan

May 26, 2016
    United States
    Hey, so, uh... You gonna PM me the new tool or not? lol :P

16. MsMidnight

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    Can this import smash models properly now ?

Last edited by MsMidnight, Aug 6, 2016
  17. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    No, game crashes when you try to load imported models, and this... (the model itself was made with a compiled version of whatever was on github, but the model only rendered in the stable build)
    screenshot

18. GriffinTheUltimate

GriffinTheUltimate Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2016
    United States
    Okay, so I probably missed something, but whenever I try to export images, it just pops up an error message and doesnt do it.

error log?:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Ohana3DS_Rebirth.GUI.OTexturesPanel.BtnExport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

19. Dan-the-Rebirth

Dan-the-Rebirth GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    Why isnt there a pkmn hack with New maps yet?

20. SolMeiLei

SolMeiLei Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2016
    Canada
    Gdkchan, are you still there?

We need you :(

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted