ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

Aallaaniaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im running CakesFW with emunand9 on my n3DS.
I supposedly have the v8 patch .cia I got off an iso site, but it says patch v7 on the title screen.

How do I go about deleting my v7/v8 version and installing my v9 .cia that i got off an iso site without losing my save data or anything?
Apparently MHX doesnt save in the same places as other games. It supposedly saves to ExtData. You can safely delete the old cia and install new ones without loosing your save file. I did it today and it worked out.

I changed to the NTR version though, as recommended in this thread.

Last edited by Aallaaniaq,

Chewi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently MHX doesnt save in the same places as other games. It supposedly saves to ExtData. You can safely delete the old cia and install new ones without loosing your save file. I did it today and it work.

I changed to the NTR version though, as recommended in this thread.
When you say, "Delete the .cia" do you mean to go into settings and delete the game from the storage? Or is there a way im supposed to do it in FBI?

Aallaaniaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When you say, "Delete the .cia" do you mean to go into settings and delete the game from the storage? Or is there a way im supposed to do it in FBI?
I did it in system settings.
Yeah the wording was wrong, sorry - Delete the game :)

Chewi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it in system settings.
Yeah the wording was wrong, sorry - Delete the game :)
Alright, I was just a bit unsure because I deleted my game from settings when I installed the v8 cia but it still said v7 patch on the title screen, so I was unsure if I had done something wrong or not.

Coffee Prosecutor

Asking too much.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How do you use the patch with Hans? A friend of mine has the original game on her Japanese 3DS (as a Gamecart) and I just wondered about that.

Sebastian Kruse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What can I do if I run Version 10.3.0-28J on my japanese New 3DS? Did I need to downgrade to 9.2 to use this translation? And how can I do that?

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What can I do if I run Version 10.3.0-28J on my japanese New 3DS? Did I need to downgrade to 9.2 to use this translation? And how can I do that?
There are downgrading threads in this forum. be careful with japanese n3DS, one of the downgrade cia's must be removed or it will brick!

Sebastian Kruse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There are downgrading threads in this forum. be careful with japanese n3DS, one of the downgrade cia's must be removed or it will brick!
I just found this threads but the sysUpdater utility will not start (the screens stay black if I try to start this App) on my N3DS so I think it is not working for me :(

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question! Is it possible to get the MHX DLC on a US3DS, or can it only be acquired on JPN3DS? There's no downloads for the DLC online, at least from what I see, so I'm wondering if it can just be downloaded in-game.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Question! Is it possible to get the MHX DLC on a US3DS, or can it only be acquired on JPN3DS? There's no downloads for the DLC online, at least from what I see, so I'm wondering if it can just be downloaded in-game.
You can install the 1.1 update cia on US/EU 3ds only on firmware 9.2 (using a CFW or gateway)
as of now. 10.3 support was anounced for gateway. downgrades are possible.
Edit: if 1.1 patch is installed, just download the dlc from menu.

Last edited by bomigoton,

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
How does MHX compare to MH4U? I've not played MH4U and am just wondering if X is a big improvement? Bit offtopic I guess, so I shall also say this is one of the most impressive community efforts I've seen in a while in such a short amount of time!

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wat.

No, like, 1.1 is already in use. I'm just wondering where I get the DLC files, whether they're downloadable in-game on US3DS or if they need specific cias that I currently can't find.

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You go to the download section of the main menu or housekeeper and download the quests, like any other MH game. (You can do it on any region 3DS)

Reactions: Reserved

tailz120

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this issue has been already discussed, but I seem to be having problems. I'm on o3ds, and I read that the o3ds could only play with a pre-patched cia. But I've tried multiple cias from multiple sources, and all of them just give me a black screen when the game starts up. Anyway to fix this?

BMO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this issue has been already discussed, but I seem to be having problems. I'm on o3ds, and I read that the o3ds could only play with a pre-patched cia. But I've tried multiple cias from multiple sources, and all of them just give me a black screen when the game starts up. Anyway to fix this?
update your emunand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.