ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

isugimpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it intentional that the NTR plugin links in the OP are dead? I haven't gone through every page of the thread, but I didn't see anything indicating they should be down in the pages I've looked at.

Edit: Also, it looks like this may not work with a legit, imported cart? Is that correct?

Last edited by isugimpy,

isugimpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Okay, that's seriously weird. I apologize. I clicked on each of them a few minutes ago and Mega said they were either TOSed or removed by the uploader.

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does version 8 still have online ban issues?
I've played over a hundred hours online using every version since V1 and haven't been ban. So I'd think it's safe to say version 8 has the same online ban issues as version 1. Meaning nothing has been implemented in a language patch to cause or avoid banning.

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe a small suggestion to cia prepatcher: you can apply the patch to the 1.1 update.

so people install 1.0 vanilla and then install 1.1 patch with translation. When an update drops you only have to remove the 1.1 patch from the system and reinstall a new 1.1 update. reduces install time ;)

Last edited by dasding,

DRI2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm confused. I've the prepatched 0.7v but it isn't updated, I'm wondering how can I update the game.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Send me a PM if you need the v1.1 update. I have it mirrored from someone else. Not sure if i can just go out and post it here though, so let me know.

I meant just the small v1.1 update itself, it doesnt come patched or anything. It's just required to play online.

Last edited by jscjml,

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
The 1.1 update already patched? If so, where can I get it? Thanks.
Install prepatched 1.0 cia then install 1.1 cia. Usual site.
With NTR method: install vanilla 1.0 cia (if not already done) then install 1.1 vanilla cia. use 1.1 NTR plugin. installing cia's only has to be done once with NTR method.

Edit:
finally able to play my own patch, now i can work much more on stuff :D

Last edited by dasding,

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the message! Great to hear you are able to use your own patch.

And Thanks for the hint in the main post not to try downgrades on n3DS.
I tried yesterday, and the downgrader did not initialize (tried ironhax and ninjhax as entrypoint), I used the sysupdater from 3.1. 9:36pm build time from the downgrading thread here. I now see they changed it again to a newer version. For now I will stay on 9.9 with the game in japanese.

Another question regarding tranfering the MHX savedata:
I dumped my extdata data with this tool. I figured out the title id for Monster Hunter X Cross is 1554, so I found the savedata from my imported MHX cartridge.
Lets say I find a way to install a prepatched cia. How will I transfer the cartridge savedata to the sd installed game? I am missing something here.

The line I need to use would be
RESTORE "00000219:/system" "<what to insert here?>"
Maybe I find out when I have the game installed to sd. Or I just install the MHX 1.1 update, and play the japanese version online. In the meanwhile I got used to the japanese version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1