Ruthless Pirate
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
Let's move on from trying to be "right" or king of the hill, when we don't even really know which direction we're headed with 9.3+ homebrew/kernel access yet. Take a step back and let the info get sorted out by people like Myria and others who know more about this stuff than the majority of us (even me, I'm no expert either).

We have a hell of a lot of new options to play with, and we're in for some good times in the future, most likely.
I agree, and i would like to add if your profile has this under it:
Tvz8rLH.png
You really shouldn't be trying to tell people what's correct/incorrect or get hyped at all. If you've been here a while you come to see that not everything that people say is going to happen happens and not everybody gets what they want. The devs need time to make this work and instead of fighting over who' s right or wrong (Or correcting peoples grammar to tick them off) We should be trying to help in any way we can as a whole community .

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, and i would like to add if your profile has this under it:
Tvz8rLH.png
You really shouldn't be trying to tell people what's correct/incorrect or get hyped at all. If you've been here a while you come to see that not everything that people say is going to happen happens and not everybody gets what they want. The devs need time to make this work and instead of fighting over who' s right or wrong (Or correcting peoples grammar to tick them off) We should be trying to help in any way we can as a whole community .
To not just the poster I quoted but to EVERYONE posting stuff in this thread... PLEASE take the discussion elsewhere, this thread is for development purposes so if you have anything that isn't useful for DEVELOPMENT of THIS exploit then please don't post here... This isn't the place

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
To not just the poster I quoted but to EVERYONE posting stuff in this thread... PLEASE take the discussion elsewhere, this thread is for development purposes so if you don't have anything that isn't useful for DEVELOPMENT of THIS exploit then please don't post here... This isn't the place
Yep, thats what i said in a nutshell.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, thats what i said in a nutshell.
No, you talked down to a "newcomer" these are people who have simply recently made an account, they could have 30 years experience in these fields and just made an account today... Again not to be a dick but this really isn't the place to do that

NoNoNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, can we get what SNShax and memchunkhax is in the OP starting post? I have a feeling that it will be asked a lot.

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
No, you talked down to a "newcomer" these are people who have simply recently made an account, they could have 30 years experience in these fields and just made an account today... Again not to be a dick but this really isn't the place to do that
This is exactly what I wanted to argument, but I didn't want to extend the pointless discussion, so I just kept quiet. Thank you.
So, can we get what SNShax and memchunkhax is in the OP starting post? I have a feeling that it will be asked a lot.
There is no usable code for either hax as of now.

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
This a thousand times over.
You people..
facepalm_by_rolzor.gif
Just let this go, ok? You sound like a 12 year old and have provided no useful info to this thread. Let it go, move on.

plushifoxed

I wanna talk more about kawaii stuff!
Trophies
Website
roxie.nyc
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so, just so I can get my knowledge about this straight:
  • SNSHax works on 10.1 and below (and not 10.2 or 10.3), and will allow system software downgrading on New3DS only, meaning New3DS owners can downgrade to whatever New3DS system version they like (in other words, nothing below 8.1).
  • However, the need for SNSHax is pretty much obviated by Memchunkhax2, which will allow kernel access on any version of the system software currently available, which means downgrading, CIA installation, whatever you want to do...
  • ...and working from that kernel access, there is also another exploit, ARM9loaderhax, that, it would seem, and this is just speculation, to allow one to create something akin to BootMii on the Wii, where it's loaded on boot at an extremely early point and could potentially provide a place to backup and restore your NAND, or provide emergency repair tools, in order to prevent your 3DS from becoming an expensive paperweight. (Again, this is JUST SPECULATION, based on topics discussed in the 32c3 talk.)
Is that about right?

Reactions: Selver

Secret Dragoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just upgraded from 9.9 like 10 minutes ago so I could use browserhaxv2...

I am just waiting on CFW so I can stop worrying about Nintendo patching these exploits I don't use.

Last edited by Secret Dragoon,

kevman323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so, just so I can get my knowledge about this straight:
  • SNSHax works on 10.1 and below (and not 10.2 or 10.3), and will allow system software downgrading on New3DS only, meaning New3DS owners can downgrade to whatever New3DS system version they like (in other words, nothing below 8.1).
  • However, the need for SNSHax is pretty much obviated by Memchunkhax2, which will allow kernel access on any version of the system software currently available, which means downgrading, CIA installation, whatever you want to do...
  • ...and working from that kernel access, there is also another exploit, ARM9loaderhax, that, it would seem, and this is just speculation, to allow one to create something akin to BootMii on the Wii, where it's loaded on boot at an extremely early point and could potentially provide a place to backup and restore your NAND, or provide emergency repair tools, in order to prevent your 3DS from becoming an expensive paperweight. (Again, this is JUST SPECULATION, based on topics discussed in the 32c3 talk.)
Is that about right?
Yep, pretty much exact. This topic will be about development and discussion of memchunkhax2. Hopefully we can get more topics up later to separate the other methods.

Last edited by kevman323,
Reactions: plushifoxed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land