Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Errr no they aren't they are just talking about unlinking the NNID without needing to immediately transfer to another system, which is a perfectly legitimate and reasonable thing to want to do like if I want to remove my NNIS from my original 3ds so I can sell it then use the money to buy a N3DS, but no, according to Nintendo you NEED to have both systems in your possession at the same time.........and if I want to sell my system and not immediately buy a new console! but will want to in the future and still have my eshop purchases.....nope apparently that isn't "allowed" either
You misunderstood each other then. On donor system with NNID you wish to remove doing 'Format System Memory' will work just fine. After this you can use SecureInfo from it.

Reactions: cearp

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It seems NNIDs are only part of the battle:
SSLqkAa.jpg

It still knows my console is European, no idea why though, but it's baffling. The SecureInfo_A definitely isn't their only way of knowing the console ID though.
Did you do a complete donor ctr partition transfer so there was no remnants of the old system left in place (extdata etc)

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems NNIDs are only part of the battle:
SSLqkAa.jpg

It still knows my console is European, no idea why though, but it's baffling. The SecureInfo_A definitely isn't their only way of knowing the console ID though.

I'm assuming you've tried this, but what happens if you do a format in system settings? Shouldn't that get rid of previous country settings and balances and things like that?

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I told them I'd left the system at the house of a faraway relative, and was planning on eventually purchasing a new system instead of picking it up. I didn't say that it was stolen because I didn't want the console (and SecureInfo_A file) to be blacklisted. If anyone can think of a better story, please let me know (possibly in a PM so as not to derail this thread?) and I will try it—although, the reps exact words were that "NNIDs cannot be unlinked without a new console to link them too".

That's odd. I had recently called NoA support and used this exact story (cousin left his XL here and doesn't want to pick it up. So he told me to call and say it's mine.) and they unlinked it. Took a few minutes of explaining exactly what I wanted done before the nice lady on the phone finally understood and had it unlinked. There's still a several day waiting period on unlinking like there is when you get it transferred. I guess it depends on how smart and/or lazy the employee is. Pretty sure they aren't trained on straight unlinking so they might be all "nope nope nope" unless you get someone that actually knows how computers work or is actually willing to try. (She did mention that they do get to use new systems ahead of general availability as part of training, so jelly.)

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it also work without Karl3ds? So just boot it with ninjhax and use it on sysnand? Or is it missing permission then that are only gained by rebooting into emunand?
Sure, you'll be able to install all sorts of signed content including system applications, system data archives, system applets, and even system firmware!
(Minus the firmware part since Big Red Menu doesn't support InstallFIRM at the moment.) And yes, you need to have services all set to allowed for it to work, so you'd need to reboot into modified firm - with or without emunand.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I changed it to that country to see if it was a country problem, but no, the country in my settings makes no differences at all, the top country never changes.

i herd when the ambassador n3ds' were received in Europe they had a problem with the eShop saying they're not in the right region.
Peoplez fixed it by setting their region to germany, eshop, then back again to their own country.

something to try at least.

Potatochip

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guys, don't wanna derail this thread, but since it's kinda related to the last few post....

My japanese nn3ds somehow just died on me. Doesnt turn on anymore. It just charges the battery. I opened it up and checked with a multimeter but cannot find any burned fuses or broken cables so far.
Now ... why don't I jut sent it to nintendo?

First it was running on Firmware 9.2J and I have bought the japanese version of CN from the eShop. As I understand, there is no way to redownload it since nintendo removed it from eShop. Also redownloading would require me to have the latest firmware anyway.

So is there a way, maybe a hardware mod, to transfer everything to a new device? Let's say I would buy another japanese nn3ds which is below 9.3, is it somehow possible to make my cubic ninja purchase from the SD card of my original nn3ds work on the new device?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Guys, don't wanna derail this thread, but since it's kinda related to the last few post....

My japanese nn3ds somehow just died on me. Doesnt turn on anymore. It just charges the battery. I opened it up and checked with a multimeter but cannot find any burned fuses or broken cables so far.
Now ... why don't I jut sent it to nintendo?

First it was running on Firmware 9.2J and I have bought the japanese version of CN from the eShop. As I understand, there is no way to redownload it since nintendo removed it from eShop. Also redownloading would require me to have the latest firmware anyway.

So is there a way, maybe a hardware mod, to transfer everything to a new device? Let's say I would buy another japanese nn3ds which is below 9.3, is it somehow possible to make my cubic ninja purchase from the SD card of my original nn3ds work on the new device?
Nope, unless you had your decrypted NAND there is pretty much nothing you can do.....any background story into how it was broken....I.e did you drop it, try to do the NAND mod etc

Not as far as I know, but you should definitely make a separate topic, since it's pretty much completely unrelated to everything.
Yep pretty much this, but the short and simple answer is nope not unless he had a decrypted NAND dump....which only the karl3ds devs have ATM (and probably other scene devs have privately)

Potatochip

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Actually I was looking into it (nand mod), but I decided to leave it as it is. I reassembled the device. It worked fine except for the home button. So I've opened the device again to make sure everything was connected properly. Disconnected the ribbon cable of the home button and reconnected it. Since then my 3ds doesnt power up anymore. The Power Button cable shows continuity... though I can't rule out that the button is broken. Is there a way to power up the ds without the use of the power button? Because of the damn ribbon cable design I'm not sure which connection I have to bridge to simulate a power on.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I was looking into it (nand mod), but I decided to leave it as it is. I reassembled the device. It worked fine except for the home button. So I've opened the device again to make sure everything was connected properly. Disconnected the ribbon cable of the home button and reconnected it. Since then my 3ds doesnt power up anymore. The Power Button cable shows continuity... though I can't rule out that the button is broken. Is there a way to power up the ds without the use of the power button? Because of the damn ribbon cable design I'm not sure which connection I have to bridge to simulate a power on.
Oh yeah, on the N3DS the power button is separate. Just make sure the ribbon is in all the way, my mic was not working for a while but it eventually worked when I put it back together for like the 10th time.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Someone I did the NAND mod for had broken their top LCD flex somehow, it looked a little twisted but it wasn't snapped or anything, you wouldn't actually *think* it was broken! but they had another console to which I swapped parts around to diagnose the fault and it was defiantly something with the top LCD flex....as I said it didn't look damaged to the eye except for a slight twisting on it, but I guess this had damaged it, so their console would power on for a second then pop and go off.....does yours do something similar or is there nothing at all when you press the power button?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So what is the highest version that will be supported? Love the idea of the project, hope it goes well! Thanks.

9.2, just like everything else.

aliak11

Pokemon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who should I talk to if I want to join development, and are there any requirements for that?

I have some ideas in mind which will be better executed in a CFW, and to be honest I'd rather join forces with an existing project than go alone. The 3DS scene is already enough of a mess with all the different ways to run homebrew. Don't really want to see tons of different CFW projects with different features for each, requiring you to switch between firmwares depending on what you want to do.

You could come help on OSKA, http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-open-source-kernel-access-on-3ds.383534/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol