Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They are doing their own code, so they dont have to disable anything they will allow 7.x+ emunand by default.....basicaly this project has nothing to do with gateway or their launchers

a copy of cubic ninja or maybe a copy of oot if they add oot support, and a NDS flashcard should be enough....they might even be able to write the profile exploit within karl meaning you wouldnt need a NDS flashcard, but you would have to have access to CN/OOT if you ever play a NDS game in sysnand

if you do have a NDS flashcard you would be able to use OOT/CN once to downgrade MSET and not need it again ever

Interesting... Would this MSET work as an entry point for GW as it did before or is this gonna be a KARL exclusive. Im guessing the NDS flash card is to install the profile exploit?

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Devs, have a couple of questions for you guys. Might be tagged as off-topic.

Does editing Gateway's Launcher.dat still lead to the execution of the brick code? If not would/could you guys remove the code which stops the booting of 7.x+ EmuNand if the Gateway Card is not detected. If it is indeed possible I believe it won't be too difficult or time consuming for you guys to do.

Any answer regarding this would be appreciated.

It's not really a check.
Many features of Gateway (including 8.x+ Classic Mode emuNAND) are encrypted with an ASIC key in the card.
It's not just "hey card are you here ?"

EDIT : I hate SD card access from ARM9

Reactions: AnkitC

Kelkador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to keep up with the thread, but I'm kinda confused. Is 9.5 sysnand compatibility still planned, or no?

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Too bad.
I found a 9.5 downgrade trick that is possible but unrealizable (it would require DAYS to exploit it on each machine...).

Reactions: Margen67

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, as I mentioned in my post, it might be called off-topic as I ain't talking about the KARL project.

I posted here because on many occasions these devs have mentioned RE'ing Gateway's launcher. So anyone who has RE'ed Gateway's launcher could possibly do it.

even if they could/know how they wouldnt release. the devs in this thread are all anti piracy. removing the check for the red card would full out enable piracy (which would be awesome) but these dudes (and rude/condescending/mean/unpleasant dudette) dont like that. so meh. were stuck waiting for our knight in shining armor...or should i say our buccaneer in rum drenched velvet?

yeah idk what pirates wear so im just gna go with velvet.*

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow....get mad because a group of people dont want to do something you want it to. Hahaha

Devs, keep marching at your own tune.

Also why does there have to be "one better than the other"? Each have there own usage.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Wow....get mad because a group of people dont want to do something you want it to. Hahaha

The human emotion scale according to GBATemp:

Calm ----> Okay ---> I like this -> ANGRY OMG I HATE EVERYTHING
0 1 -------- 2---------- 3-------------- 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

No room for discussion, no room for questions.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Shiny, will you go back to developing citrAGB after KARL is released? I remember a while back you said you could get it to run fullspeed in KARL or something

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh sweet Mother Mary, people! This has become a pissing competition. That's all I see. Where's the constructive discussion? All I see is destructive, judgmental posts. I've ignored too many people in the past 3 months. I haven't ever used that function up until a few months ago. This is how far these forums have fallen!

Take what you have been given and accept it. The devs are using what free time they have to contribute to this community. Quite frankly, I feel it isn't deserved. Just a bunch of entitled brats crying for more.

I appreciate the work, and I wouldn't have any negative feelings if they decided to say no.

Same here. Never used the ignore feature on any forum until I starting taking interest in the 3DS scene.

I would however have negative feelings if they decided not to release their work. Though those negative feelings would be directed towards nipples, flamenco and other toxic members who post here.

Interesting... Would this MSET work as an entry point for GW as it did before or is this gonna be a KARL exclusive. Im guessing the NDS flash card is to install the profile exploit?
If the Gateway team can figure out how the KARL devs downgraded it, then sure why not. But I doubt they're going to share that knowledge.

Even if they don't, it still won't be a KARL exclusive feature. Roxas75 has figured it out too and is hoping to reactivate MSET for all system versions in the next couple of days.

I tried to keep up with the thread, but I'm kinda confused. Is 9.5 sysnand compatibility still planned, or no?
9.5 sysNAND support was never "planned" I'm afraid.

A couple of posts by the devs suggested they'd found a new vulnerability on 9.5, but they never said definitively that they would be releasing any exploits for those on 9.5.

It'd be foolish and incredibly short sighted to burn an undisclosed exploit when they have all the access they need with the exploits already available. Sorry, I know it's not what you want to hear.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If the Gateway team can figure out how the KARL devs downgraded it, then sure why not. But I doubt they're going to share that knowledge.

Even if they don't, it still won't be a KARL exclusive feature. Roxas75 has figured it out too and is hoping to reactivate MSET for all system versions in the next couple of days.
tbh gateway already know how to downgrade titles, there was the whole downgrade feature for original 3DS's that downgrade a lot more titles than MSET, they could easily make .dg downgrade packs for all console regions that just downgrade MSET even on their current implementation

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Same here. Never used the ignore feature on any forum until I starting taking interest in the 3DS scene.

I would however have negative feelings if they decided not to release their work. Though those negative feelings would be directed towards nipples, flamenco and other toxic members who post here.

9.5 sysNAND support was never "planned" I'm afraid.

A couple of posts by the devs suggested they'd found a new vulnerability on 9.5, but they never said definitively that they would be releasing any exploits for those on 9.5.

It'd be foolish and incredibly short sighted to burn an undisclosed exploit when they have all the access they need with the exploits already available. Sorry, I know it's not what you want to hear.

Im sure theyve been sitting on that one for a while now since theyre more than capable regarding coding so Im not really worried about that. What bothers me is the fact that Im not sure how the new MSET works? I mean lets say could you still install the gw file with a DS flashcard and then use it as you would in 4.x or what? :wacko:

tbh gateway already know how to downgrade titles, there was the whole downgrade feature for original 3DS's that downgrade a lot more titles than MSET, they could easily make .dg downgrade packs for all console regions that just downgrade MSET even on their current implementation

MSET .dg pack confirmed!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Im sure theyve been sitting on that one for a while now since theyre more than capable regarding coding so Im not really worried about that. What bothers me is the fact that Im not sure how the new MSET works? I mean lets say could you still install the gw file with a DS flashcard and then use it as you would in 4.x or what? :wacko:
yes it will be exactly like how gateway on 4.x works, install profile exploit, go to DS profile and your in....launch NDS games and you need to install profile exploit again
I know this is random af but will I be able to use my acekard2i after this is released?
depends if they downgrade TWL_FIRM too....should be possible i assume, but wait to hear from the karl3ds devs

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, you'll never be able to downgrade with a DS flashcard. That doesn't even make any sense.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is random af but will I be able to use my acekard2i after this is released?

Sorry if this answer doesn't suit you but I believe its possible to raise the compression, if you tune it properly than you can get more hp and torque but you'll probably see the power up top and not much torque.

Reactions: Artemis-kun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: