Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Nice work on this so far. Since you're able to patch the SVC handler for privileged syscalls, I'd assume it's also possible to patch service access permissions as well, correct? If so, things like sound could be made available on the N3DS, along with various other services that Ninjhax homebrew currently can't access.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you trying to do exactly? Load Ninjhax from the Loadcode exploit?(can I even call it an exploit?)

If so, would you mind giving my site and I credit for the idea?

Are you honestly implying that you were the first to think of these steps? 3dsdev chat was full of this looooong ago.

D

Deleted User

Are you honestly implying that you were the first to think of these steps? 3dsdev chat was full of this looooong ago.

I don't see whats wrong with my post. There was nothing wrong with it. The OP and I already collaborated about it, and it's behind us. He actually gave me some tips.

I don't see why it pertained to you however to make a reply. If we are going to pull the "implying card" You're "implying" that I said I was the first to think of it. I never said that. Only you and one other member took it as such.

Either way it's behind us, and there is no need to bring this conversation filler. I will continue working on what I'm working on, you can work on whatever you're doing(other than joining someone else's conversations without all of the details). and the OP can continue his amazing work

Reactions: SLiV3R

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see whats wrong with my post. There was nothing wrong with it. The OP and I already collaborated about it, and it's behind us. He actually gave me some tips.

I don't see why it pertained to you however to make a reply. If we are going to pull the "implying card" You're "implying" that I said I was the first to think of it. I never said that. Only you and one other member took it as such.

Either way it's behind us, and there is no need to bring this conversation filler. I will continue working on what I'm working on, you can work on whatever you're doing(other than joining someone else's conversations without all of the details). and the OP can continue his amazing work

Accreditation comes with originality, which was implied when asking to be credited for the idea on a message board with thousands of members.

Reactions: gamesgames
D

Deleted User

Accreditation comes with originality, which was implied when asking to be credited for the idea on a message board with thousands of members.

You seem to forget the fact that only a fraction of those members contribute ideas/homebrew like the OP is developing. I posted in the Pinned request thread, which is 90% "Can I get a hack for x"

Either way, as I said it's over, the situation(which never existed) Is resolved, you can go back on your merry way, and pick someone else out of the crowd :)

Before you make the next reply, I said that because you would have gotten more details about this if you read the replies after my original post

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You seem to forget the fact that only a fraction of those members contribute ideas/homebrew like the OP is developing. I posted in the Pinned request thread, which is 90% "Can I get a hack for x"

Either way, as I said it's over, the situation(which never existed) Is resolved, you can go back on your merry way, and pick someone else out of the crowd :)

Before you make the next reply, I said that because you would have gotten more details about this if you read the replies after my original post

Your horse is both tall and mislead. Good day.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so all the SVC patch addresses have been added. However, not every version has been tested. So now I need some people to assist in this endeavor: I need a person on 4.x to validate that it's actually failing, someone between 5.1-6.1 to validate if it's successful or not, a person on 5.0, and a person on 7.0 to also test. And anyone else who feels like testing it as well I guess, but I need to know your firmwre version, what type of 3DS you have, and the output it gives. Now here are the outputs which tell you what succeeded and what failed:

0xdeadbeef - ARM11 kernel was not reached
0xf00ff00f - ARM11 kernel reached, SVC not patched
0xfaaffaaf - ARM11 kernel reached, SVC patched and SVC 0x7B succeeded
Crash after "ARM11 Kernel Code Executed" - SVC patched, but failed to call SVC 0x7B

Linkeroni is here: https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/bootstrap/raw/master/bootstrap.3dsx

If you can, try testing around 10 times and report the number of times failed vs times of success. Especially if you get a crash on the first time. Also, 8.x users and below who are getting 0xdeadbeef will need to do a re-test, there was a bug which just got fixed which gets a successful return from kernel on 4.x-7.x systems.

Results:
Code:
3DS        - 4.5.0-xxU - 0xfaaffaaf
3DS        - 4.5.0-xxU - 0xfaaffaaf
3DS        - 9.2.0-20U - 100% fail
New 3DS    - 9.0.0-20E - 0xfaaffaaf
New 3DS    - 9.0.0-20J - 0xfaaffaaf
New 3DS XL - 9.0.0-20U - 0xfaaffaaf, 1 crash before success
New 3DS XL - 9.0.0-20U - 0xfaaffaaf
New 3DS XL - 9.0.0-20U - 0xfaaffaaf 100% success
New 3DS XL - 9.0.0-20U - 0xfaaffaaf 80% success
3DS XL    - 4.5.0-10E - 0xfaaffaaf 60% success
3DS XL    - 4.4.0-10E - 0xfaaffaaf 60% success
3DS XL    - 9.2.0-xxU - 0xfaaffaaf, 1 crash before success

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
OK, so all the SVC patch addresses have been added. However, not every version has been tested. So now I need some people to assist in this endeavor: I need a person on 4.x to validate that it's actually failing, someone between 5.1-6.1 to validate if it's successful or not, a person on 5.0, and a person on 7.0 to also test. And anyone else who feels like testing it as well I guess, but I need to know your firmwre version, what type of 3DS you have, and the output it gives. Now here are the outputs which tell you what succeeded and what failed:

Crash after "ARM11 Kernel Code Executed" - SVC patched, but failed to call SVC 0x7B

Linkeroni is here: https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/bootstrap/raw/master/bootstrap.3dsx
tested on old 3ds XL 9.2.
Crash after "arm11 kernel code executed"

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So you're only testing this on 4.X-7.0?

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
OK, so I've been testing it around a few places, if it crashes, try giving it another go. Sometimes it'll fail (I've had it fail once out of all my tests on my N3DS) on a very rare occasion.

ok will test again :)

Successfully set up ip blocking on my n3ds xl 9.0 :) will also give it a go, without having update nag :D

Reactions: Margen67

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says deadbeef only on my 3ds 4.5 (using cfw CN so that may screw with it so lemme try my actual copy on sysnand with regionthree)

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I've been testing it around a few places, if it crashes, try giving it another go. Sometimes it'll fail (I've had it fail once out of all my tests on my N3DS) on a very rare occasion.

On my first try, the text was actually broken up and was sort of on a random spot on the bottom screen instead of showing the output needed on the top-left corner which I got on my second try. Unfortunately, I manually turned off my New3DS and forgot to take a picture of it.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ok it outputs faaffaaf this time :)
it's fine I guess :)

Will reinstall ninjhax on my n3ds and try on it.
shinyquagsire23 tested on my US red N3DS XL 9.0 and succeed! faaffaaf. got it on first attempt.

also, noticed how fast it ran yeti3ds. framerate is insane! :O

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
woah is it a big deal when ppl get "0xfaaffaaf" on their n3ds consoles? this is getting fairly exciting. wondering if i should get a copy of cubic ninja before price skyrocket again...

just get a sky3ds and run it like that (that is what i will do if this makes enough progress to be useable and cubic ninja is needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe