ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

Ringside_Trash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem where on my mac, the jar file for the randomizer isn't recognizing my extracted files. Even when I triple-quadruple check and try my best to make sure without a shadow of a doubt I have the files in the right spots, the program will keep saying it can't find the GameData.bin file. I tried updating java and nothing happened. Can I do anything or am I forever bound by the inconvenience of owning a mac computer?
Where exactly did you PUT your GameData.bin in? it's not supposed to be a bin.lz btw

CrimsonKing1538

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few quick questions.

Is there a text file produced when you randomize the game which you can check to see how everything ended up randomized? Much in the vein of Pokemon randomizers.

2. If there is one, would it be possible to have characters new growths calculated and written into said text file, or would that be a considerable amount of work?

Also, thank you for the awesome randomizer.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few quick questions.

Is there a text file produced when you randomize the game which you can check to see how everything ended up randomized? Much in the vein of Pokemon randomizers.

2. If there is one, would it be possible to have characters new growths calculated and written into said text file, or would that be a considerable amount of work?

Also, thank you for the awesome randomizer.
There is a text file that is produced that, depending on the options, will display what characters were randomized, who they were randomized to, and their randomized classes. I haven't used the randomizer in awhile so I'm not sure what else is displayed in the randomized.

mcbabystomper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm playing a Birthright randomizer and Ike replaced Ryoma. I have the gay hack so Ike can get S support with the avatar but when I try to open Shiro's parologue the game freezes.
Any solutions?

DeltaStorm4871

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm stuck at this one part on the set up on the computer when I try to get the fils on ctrtool when I put the command in and it says can not poen input file. am I doing something wrong or is it just my dump?

Nuggumz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used an updated version of brain dump, because the one they linked just downloaded a banner and kicked me out. Do you think that could be the problem?

Last edited by Nuggumz,

Samsonb79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I ran braindump and selected fates, it just simply froze at a green screen, any help? It's not just fates, any game I select acts this way. I put both the 3dsx file and the XML document in the 3ds folder of my SD card, so it should work fine, anything I missed?

Last edited by Samsonb79,

Djboody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
Good Day to u all I would like assistance on the braindump as I am experiencing the same problem Samson is going thro with when ever that process happens it also has a green screen at the bottom I downloaded the recommended braindump and also tried the latest one and there is no difference as well

Djboody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
@Djboody @Samsonb79 If you both updated to 11.4, you're probably out of luck. I'm not sure what the green screen means. If you have CFW and an 11.3 NAND backup, I recommend restoring that backup with Hourglass9.

I can confirm that I am still on 11.3 and I haven't updated to 11.4 I have NTR installed long time ago and I have complete access to homebrew. Thanks for the reply @KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that I am still on 11.3 and I haven't updated to 11.4 I have NTR installed long time ago and I have complete access to homebrew. Thanks for the reply @KunoichiZ
If I were you, I'd find the game you're trying to dump in CIA format on that iso site and extract the romfs from that if braindump isn't working.

Djboody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
If I were you, I'd find the game you're trying to dump in CIA format on that iso site and extract the romfs from that if braindump isn't working.

i actually do have the game in a cia format with me atm however i cant seem to find a proper way to to extract CIA format files to a romfs.bin i tried searching on the internet most of the methods seem to be outdated and one of the posts i saw in the forums suggest using Ctrtool which i have downloaded but cant seem to get it to work on my mac as when i try to open it it shows me the commands however i cant type them in.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i actually do have the game in a cia format with me atm however i cant seem to find a proper way to to extract CIA format files to a romfs.bin i tried searching on the internet most of the methods seem to be outdated and one of the posts i saw in the forums suggest using Ctrtool which i have downloaded but cant seem to get it to work on my mac as when i try to open it it shows me the commands however i cant type them in.
I can't help with Mac support as I don't have one unfortunately. Most tools that I know of are Windows tools. Maybe you could use Wine...?

Djboody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
I can't help with Mac support as I don't have one unfortunately. Most tools that I know of are Windows tools. Maybe you could use Wine...?

yea i can use wine if there is also any methods you could provide for me regrading cia to romfs i would appreciate that too

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i can use wine if there is also any methods you could provide for me regrading cia to romfs i would appreciate that too
Well I personally use Asia81's PackHack aka HackingToolkit3DS to extract my CIA files. I'm not sure how Wine works but you could probably follow this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4mQnp4H0fk