ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

JackWwulf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ROMFS extractor, like the post suggests. COuld you give me an in-depth tutorial? I'm not the most technical person and I've never done anything like this before

GCNMatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I would, but I can't figure out your problem. This is a dumb question, but you are using the romfsextractor directly on the romfs.bin, correct?

JackWwulf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
upload_2017-2-28_22-52-19.png

This is what the folder looks like after I have used the romfs extractor on my romfs.bin file

JackWwulf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Through Homebrew, which I accessed through listening to the soundhax file through the music player, is there a way to get it on my home screen? And have I done the braindump thing wrong? Sorry for all the questions, the tutorial given by the creator is really vague (please don't kill me creator of this hack)

Kobazco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Through Homebrew, which I accessed through listening to the soundhax file through the music player, is there a way to get it on my home screen? And have I done the braindump thing wrong? Sorry for all the questions, the tutorial given by the creator is really vague (please don't kill me creator of this hack)
What version is your 3ds on? If its below 11.3, you should really take the time to downgrade for CFW. Also when you aget to braindump through homebrew, it should list off your games that you can move through left or right

GCNMatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And it didn't let you select fates?

JackWwulf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, I open braindump through homebrew and it just immediatly starts dumping a file, it doesn't give me the option to dump conquest, is this because it is on a game cartridge and not downloaded on the 3ds itself?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't you be given the option to choose a game before you actually open braindump? Like you select braindump from the Homebrew Menu, then you choose a game with the D-Pad, then it opens braindump?

Lalaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
An error occurs on Chapter 9 of Conquest. When you recruit the randomized Nyx replacement, she demonstrates about the broken wall and then after that it says error occurred. I will fix it for now with your suggested thing, but just letting you know
Quoting this, I was coming here for reporting that; The randomized Nyx replacement broke for me on multiple randomizations after the join convo, when she tells you about the broken wall; I was wondering if it was only bad luck but...

Last edited by Lalaya,

JackWwulf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, it just goes straight into dumping. Here's some photos of what happens
20170228_232827.jpg

So this is what the application looks like when I open homebrew, then immediately after I click on it, this happens
20170228_232841.jpg

Attachments

• 20170228_232827.jpg
    20170228_232827.jpg
    712.2 KB · Views: 138

Lalaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Shouldn't you be given the option to choose a game before you actually open braindump? Like you select braindump from the Homebrew Menu, then you choose a game with the D-Pad, then it opens braindump?

You must have an incorrect version of Braindump, an old or too new one maybe?
Maybe he forgot to download the .xml?

Lalaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nope I downloaded the one suggested by the creator, and there wasn't anything about a .XML file
Under the 3dsx file, on the Dropbox link in the first page; you need both the 3dsx AND the xml (that file activates the title selecting)

I noticed that a lot of people forget the .xml, so in my opinion it needs to be specified, lol

edit: ninj'd

JackWwulf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh okay I didn't think I needed that, thank you very much! So I need to download both files and place them both on my SD card? Which will then give me the option of which game to dump, so I can then dump by ROMF files, then place them on my computer, extract them, randomizer them, and then probably get lost confused and frustrated after that point

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well thank you very much for the help, it seems to be the instructions are aimed at people who know what they're doing and unfortunately I'm not one of those people thanks again kind people of the fire emblem community!!

Reactions: Lalaya and GCNMatt

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1