ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By command line, do you mean opening the file in a different way (ex. command prompt) or just opening the .jar file?
Running it through command prompt or something similar.

Edit: Alright, I finally reproduced the issue on Beta 5 by randomizing with your settings. I should be able to get a fix out soon.

Last edited by thane98,

MrMewtwo12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running it through command prompt or something similar.

Edit: Alright, I finally reproduced the issue on Beta 5 by randomizing with your settings. I should be able to get a fix out soon.
Do you know how to open a jar file through the command prompt? Can't figure it out to save my life, lol.

MrMewtwo12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I do that, I keep get this
4dB42Zc.png

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I do that, I keep get this
4dB42Zc.png
You have to include the quotations around the program name. So that command would be java -jar "Fates Randomizer Beta 4-2.jar"

Anyways, I think that I fixed the unresponsiveness on Beta 5, so I've updated the download link in the main post. If the program appears to stop responding when you hit randomize, that's normal. Let it do its thing for a minute or two and it should come up saying that everything randomized successfully. If it doesn't say that after a couple minutes, it's safe to assume that something's wrong.

MrMewtwo12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to include the quotations around the program name. So that command would be java -jar "Fates Randomizer Beta 4-2.jar"

Anyways, I think that I fixed the unresponsiveness on Beta 5, so I've updated the download link in the main post. If the program appears to stop responding when you hit randomize, that's normal. Let it do its thing for a minute or two and it should come up saying that everything randomized successfully. If it doesn't say that after a couple minutes, it's safe to assume that something's wrong.
Lemme try the new download and if I get the same issue, I will try from the command prompt and if that doesn't work, I'll report it here
Thanks!
EDIT: Worked! Didn't have to open from command prompt either

Last edited by MrMewtwo12345,

Trainer Yusei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"DLC has to be dumped separately from the base game. Modifying it requires the installation of custom firmware. You will then need to use a tool like Decrypt9 to dump the DLC paths. You can then randomize the DLC paths by including their content in the randomizer folder for randomization and pulling the content back out afterwards. Finally, you can create an installable CIA for the DLC using something like ctrtool. Install that on your 3DS and you should be good to go."

I'm terribly sorry, because I'm sure you've been asked this question way too many times, but the way you said this seemed really vague. I have a Conquest cartridge with Birthright and Revelation. What I can say about what I understand from the above is that I have both CFW and Decrypt9 installed, and from there... I'm lost. I've tried various google searches to find out how to "use Decrypt9 to dump the DLC paths." I guess I understand the sentence after that, (though I can't say for sure since I don't know what the dumped files should look like) but I'm unsure of what to do in Decrypt9 in order to dump the DLC paths. I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks.

MrMewtwo12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do I put the Castle, GameData, m, and scripts folders at? Also, do I have to change the Game ID to Conquest's (that is my Game Card) or keep it the SE's?

zbrkn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same unresponsiveness error, even with the updated link. It happens with both 4-2 and 5-1, but it only freezes when I have Join Order checked (and any of its subordinates). Everything else works flawlessly & near-instantaneously on both versions. I also have the most recent version of Java. Here are two pictures of the errors that it brought up -- sorry for the compact window, wouldn't let me open any bigger.

Hopefully this helps (and hopefully I didn't brick it up myself). :O Please let me know if I can add anything else for you, and thanks for all the great work!

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm terribly sorry, because I'm sure you've been asked this question way too many times, but the way you said this seemed really vague. I have a Conquest cartridge with Birthright and Revelation. What I can say about what I understand from the above is that I have both CFW and Decrypt9 installed, and from there... I'm lost. I've tried various google searches to find out how to "use Decrypt9 to dump the DLC paths." I guess I understand the sentence after that, (though I can't say for sure since I don't know what the dumped files should look like) but I'm unsure of what to do in Decrypt9 in order to dump the DLC paths. I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks.
To be honest, I was vague there because I've forgotten how to go about dumping DLC. I think that you can do it through Decrypt9 by using the SD Decryptor and selecting Fire Emblem Fates' title ID, though I forget how you go about modifying the files you get from that. For rebuilding the DLC, you could try DeathChaos' post at the bottom of this page.

Where do I put the Castle, GameData, m, and scripts folders at? Also, do I have to change the Game ID to Conquest's (that is my Game Card) or keep it the SE's?
Are you wondering where to put them after randomizing or before? I'm also not sure what you mean with regards to changing the game ID.

Yeah its Conquest. How hard would it be dumping it? Wouldn't I need FunkyCIA to dump it?
You could get a dump of the DLC through something like FunkyCIA, Decrypt9, or that ISO site. I don't remember the process perfectly since I haven't modified DLC content in a long time. Using a special edition CIA's probably the easier route.

I'm having the same unresponsiveness error, even with the updated link. It happens with both 4-2 and 5-1, but it only freezes when I have Join Order checked (and any of its subordinates). Everything else works flawlessly & near-instantaneously on both versions. I also have the most recent version of Java. Here are two pictures of the errors that it brought up -- sorry for the compact window, wouldn't let me open any bigger.

Hopefully this helps (and hopefully I didn't brick it up myself). :O Please let me know if I can add anything else for you, and thanks for all the great work!
It looks like the randomizer is reaching the end of a cutscene file while trying to modify it. Normally, I'd assume this is a bug with the tool, but I've tested ensured that the code for modifying cutscenes can open and modify every cutscene in the base game without issue. As a result, I think there's probably an issue with your dump. Could I see a screenshot of what your Scripts/bev folder looks like? That'd be the quickest way to tell whether or not the dump is the issue.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
This randomizer seems great, I've had a few people try it and they've loved it thus far.

So I was thinking, would it be possible to have an option to allow people from other routes to be included in the randomization?
Like, say I randomize CQ only, but I want the BR cast (and Fuga?) to be part of the draw, how hard would this be to implement?

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This randomizer seems great, I've had a few people try it and they've loved it thus far.

So I was thinking, would it be possible to have an option to allow people from other routes to be included in the randomization?
Like, say I randomize CQ only, but I want the BR cast (and Fuga?) to be part of the draw, how hard would this be to implement?
That wouldn't be too difficult. I could go ahead and add that in with the next update.

Reactions: DeathChaos

Tohiki

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I have some kind of an issue, and I wanted to ask you if I was doing it wrongly or what :
So, I have an EU special edition .CIA whose title ID is "000400000017A800" {the common title ID is without the A}, I have dumped it, followed the instructions and randomized it. After I copied all the things in the right folders {root/plugin/000400000017A800/ and root/fefatesSE/}, I launched NTR and tried all the three versions but the green flash doesn't happen. I tried to create a folder with the common title ID but it didn't work too. I may have done something wrong and I do not have that much things to test on NTR CFW right now so I'm in a dead end.

Last edited by Tohiki,
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This has been great. I decided to randomize all paths to play through all 3. XD Yeah I stopped playing conquest cause chapter 10 :( I'll go into birthright till chapter 11 most likely. And i'll play rev all the way to Valla. :D It's awesome that someone is doing an LP with your randomizer thane98

Tohiki

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Isn't it NTR, not CTR? Launch NTR CFW Selector and have it boot to version 3.4 and it should work.
Yeah, made a mistake calling it CTR, it's indeed NTR CFW Selector. But that doesn't change anything, can't get a green flash on FEFates' boot and when starting a new save file, it isn't randomized at all, and I tried all three versions, it doesn't change anything.

Here's what I said ealier about folders {sorry for it being in French even if it doesn't change anything} :

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    4.3 KB · Views: 148
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    2.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    1.9 KB · Views: 121

Kobazco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, made a mistake calling it CTR, it's indeed NTR CFW Selector. But that doesn't change anything, can't get a green flash on FEFates' boot and when starting a new save file, it isn't randomized at all, and I tried all three versions, it doesn't change anything.

Here's what I said ealier about folders {sorry for it being in French even if it doesn't change anything} :
Did you remember to recompress the files through FEAT?

Tohiki

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you remember to recompress the files through FEAT?
I did, all the files are recompressed {and if we need to chat like this to solve my issue, we should go to pm to not flood this topic and let only the solution for those who do have the same issue}

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already