Homebrew [WIP] EBook Reader! Read EBooks on your 3DS! (Alpha 1)

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does not work for me. Installed via .cia, Loaded it, then after a few Flickers on the Screen, it apparently crashes and does a Quick Restart of the System.

mordorer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tried some ebooks (italian language), and or the app crashes, or the app freezes when loading. :/

edit:
after some minutes of loading, a book loaded, but has missing characters, like è à ò , very important for other languages books.

Attachments

• WIN_20160719_14_59_59_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20160719_14_59_59_Pro.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 380
Last edited by mordorer,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will there be an option to Rotate the Book so it will be in Portrait Mode? Also, based on the Image listed, will the Wordings be corrected? Saw a line that ended like this:
This is an example of the i
mage shown in the main P
ost.

Roboman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will look into it. Could be a missing file, not entirely sure. Should be fixed next version regardless.

Next version will allow for custom font file so you can use an italian font which will fix this.

Stay tuned, new update coming out soon. Spoilers: It has css now :D

If you can detect when characters are missing from the font in use, you can replace them with something like the default hax font. better to display an ugly character than nothing at all, right?

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really neat! Sadly, I don't have a use for it, but I know someone who may. Will this have support for Kindle books? I've heard that they have some type of DRM lock, but I don't know for sure.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When he says Valid and Compliant EPubs, what does that mean? Mean if you get a Book from say B&N, take it from your Device or PC and use that? Or one that has been removed of any DRM?

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
Please, don't. My glasses come from reading Haruhi Suzumiya series in my old (but gold) DS. You've been warned! :sleep:

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I don't want to sound rude or anything, but have you thought about putting the homebrew sideways? It would add more vertical space for reading and should give users a more "book"-y feel!

Like this, perhaps? But I would really use the top screen for text and the buttons for page passing.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to need to have a How-To on that one. I have Calibre for Win64. But I select a Book I have, hit Convert, and yeah............ . What Settings do I change if any? Just hit Convert, to ePub as is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...