ROM Hack [WIP] Dragon Quest VIII (8) "Restoration" Project

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When you see high tension model restored, it's the Super Sayan style ?

Edit: Oh you meant for Jessica and Red, not the Hero xD
Sorry, misread again xD

Last edited by Asia81,

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Super Saiyan hair is just not doable with 3DS version, for variety of reasons but main being that we can't use fully custom models.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if is relevant, but are any of the enemies required uncensoring? Like the succubus looking monsters, or sorceress or whatever they are called? (Has many names but just a pallet swap of a specific monster race.)

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
is there a way to make the text more sharp? is very blurry.

Only if someone codes/codes a project which can edit the font files.

In N3DS, it's a bit blurry but not so much (especially when you know I have a pretty bad sight).

sparktenks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to put on this patch to restore the orchestra music and keep the English VA? I like the English VA personally. I think I might be in the minority there though.

Thanks in advance.

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sure, i have my O3DS 11.2 ALH9 + Luma.
But i'm not sure how this works.
To use the one posted here, you need to use NTR's plugin funcionality and simply load this as a plugin.

If you want a more convenient option which also has orchestral music, just download my CIA release from a certain ISO site for 3DS games.

Is there a way to put on this patch to restore the orchestra music and keep the English VA? I like the English VA personally. I think I might be in the minority there though.
Thanks in advance.
This doesn't change the voices though. This is only for the censored costumes. As for orchestral music, there's already a release for that just not in a plugin form.

Last edited by Canzah,

sparktenks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To use the one posted here, you need to use NTR's plugin funcionality and simply load this as a plugin.

If you want a more convenient option which also has orchestral music, just download my CIA release from a certain ISO site for 3DS games.

This doesn't change the voices though. This is only for the censored costumes. As for orchestral music, there's already a release for that just not in a plugin form.

I see. Thank you for the response! I've been seeing that the orchestral release also removes voices. Is that true? Is there a version with the voices or a guide to patch in the orchestral with out undubbing it? I've tried searching but based on results I've found I seem to be one of the few who wants the VA in the game.

sparktenks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no idea where have you heard such complete idiocy.

Maybe I simply misunderstood. I kept seeing an "undub" in relation to the patch and nothing else. I'm glad to hear that is not the case.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Alph Steins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I see. Thank you for the response! I've been seeing that the orchestral release also removes voices. Is that true? Is there a version with the voices or a guide to patch in the orchestral with out undubbing it? I've tried searching but based on results I've found I seem to be one of the few who wants the VA in the game.
To "undub" something means to restore the original voices, which are usually in Japanese. Maybe that's where your misunderstanding comes from.

billywest

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Man I really hope that we will get a complete version with jap voices someday, I'll be waiting for as long as it takes^^ Thanks guys for all your hard work ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only Xbox I don't have is the OG, and One X model specifically, I regret giving my chipped OG model to one of my kids years ago, after later hearing he sold it to pawn shop, damn kids!
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, You shouldn't raise Fortnite gamers.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have they own kids now that will pay them back for all the things they did to me, that's how it works, Karma.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell their kids about pawn shops
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol I still got mw2 open beta on this ps4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just recently picked up a n64 from a garage sell, and looking to mod it and add a HDMI port to it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3548173115...044&customid=4f3038da73b61afddf7e5e90f4153856
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd like to find a power strip and HDMI selector built in 1 unit, so I can select which game system I want, and will switch to that hdmi, and power on that plug/power supply only, so don't have all game systems powered all the time, but can't find anything like. May just have to make something myself.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe start a kick starter page and sell them, yea right. Big N would prob C&D me, not anything Big N related, but just because that's what they do nowdays. Then come out with they own in a year or so.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nice. Which operating system are you installing?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, windows 10 and some linux distro like linux mint
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    dualbooth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    User Gates "Disliked" your answer.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: User Gates "Disliked" your answer. +1