Homebrew [WIP] BlueCone - a trying-to-be VLC clone

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, that was my argument for other video codecs being feasible on the 3DS. I too am looking forward to video playback on the 3DS.

oh haha I'm dumb. I thought you were saying, "why would you even want this if you have Netflix?" Terribly sorry about the misunderstanding, because I have had people on sites like this ask pretty much that when I ask if a video playing homebrew app would actually be possible.

Reactions: LongTimeLurker

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Is .mp4 playback actually feasible? I thought the 3DS was unable to play standard video files for whatever reason.

I hope it is though, because I've been dying for a dedicated media player on the 3DS where i can select videos I have on my SD card. I know we have solutions like making individual channels for each video want, but the obvious downside to that in addition to having to do a long ass conversion procedure with the video on the PC, is it also eats up 1 of your 300 title slots on the 3DS, given that I'm at just about 300, each one of those slots matters greatly to me.

Ye, this is a dedicated player :P I'm now experimenting with ffmpeg, so that might allow me to do more things than if I were to do stuff myself manually :P

I mean, that was my argument for other video codecs being feasible on the 3DS. I too am looking forward to video playback on the 3DS.

There already is a video player POC can play .mp4 video :P Sadly it's POC, and has no sound, but it's something *shrug*
https://github.com/Lectem/3Damnesic

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if anyone ever posted about it here or not. But someone on those iso and chaos sites released a 3DS app that plays .moflex videos, but its just one channel, every video isn't a separate channel, you just place your .moflex videos on the root of your sd card and you can choose whichever one you want to play. That means there is indeed a working 3D video player for the 3DS (which can also play 2D videos as well).

Reactions: elBenyo

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
You still rewriting this?

P.S.: nagyon menő az a mikroszoftvindózkilencvenötprogram.

Ye, but sadly I'm too busy to work on this enough :cry:

Also, "ha lenne tízezer forintom, akkor holnap megvehetném az új - Microsoft Windows 95 - programot, és akkor dolgozhatnék itthon is". But I'm using Linux, so why bother? :P

"Check back in a few days/hours"
*Waits a year*
*@MacusD leaves for a very long time(tm)
*Comes back*
*dies*

welp, I indeed am dying atm (blood pressure things), so there's no way I'd release a new version this year. Oh well... :rolleyes:

Reactions: mogery

mogery

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

I would be interested in the soundcloud part, so I started working on it myself. :P

Feri said:
Nem merem újból szóbahozni ezt a Mikroszoft 95-öst Jutkának, pedig megegyeztünk, hogy megvesszük a programot, de nekem nincs pénzem.

Reactions: Sono and Shadowfied

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also, "ha lenne tízezer forintom, akkor holnap megvehetném az új - Microsoft Windows 95 - programot, és akkor dolgozhatnék itthon is". But I'm using Linux, so why bother? :P

welp, I indeed am dying atm (blood pressure things), so there's no way I'd release a new version this year. Oh well... :rolleyes:

Real life should always take precedence. Either way, looking forward to it whenever it gets a release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I didnt have school today