A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
can u guys recommend any good programs that do this? i heard brutforce was good or something. i have this crack for gta iv, and i forget the effin password lol. thanks in advance

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can not give you cracks (for what it is worth they are not that big, under 35 megs by my reckoning for the scene 1.0.2.0 patch) but I can tell you about password crackers. To my knowledge there are no known weaknesses in the modern rar password algorithm (some of the older zip ones were useless and also some of the older MS office ones were awful) so you can not go there.

Brute force is means literally trying every combination until you get it correct and it represents the worst method of password cracking, knowing these sorts of things they are one of three possibilities
A website name/forum name/irc chan name
A user name
Something completely random as far as you are concerned.

A website name is usually quite long and will not be covered by a basic dictionary attack* by virtue of the www, http:// and possibly quite random lettering.

*a dictionary attack uses words from a dictionary before moving to plain combinations of letters and better ones also include pronounceable letter combinations and common numbers (123, 69....) as statistically most people use them.

Also for the record and although it will probably not work here your cookies may well be set to stay for years, they are not as good as a history for the most part but they sure can narrow it down.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Taza not necessarily. Search for one time pad with a key length larger than the encrypted data. Ironically the old school spy method of using a book of a given edition is actually this.
Damn unwieldy though and still just as vulnerable to rubber hose decryption.

Taza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
FAST6191 said:
@Taza not necessarily. Search for one time pad with a key length larger than the encrypted data. Ironically the old school spy method of using a book of a given edition is actually this.
Damn unwieldy though and still just as vulnerable to rubber hose decryption.

Okay, fine, right you are.

Bruteforcing can crack any convenient encryption method?
tongue.gif

Yeah, one time pads larger than original data are uncrackable. Which requires transmitting a key larger than the actual data.

Tozarian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
that is linux only, but if you dont mind, you could install a linux distro, run that, and then extra it to a flash drive or something, then transfer it to your windows. Or just download a better crack, there has to be something out there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw today at school I gave one of my cookies from my snack to the girl I like.