Winds of Nostalgia US confirmation- Nostalgia

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Apr 28, 2009.

Apr 28, 2009
  1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Last year, a little RPG gem came out called Kaze no Nostalgeo (translated Winds of Nostalgia). It was Japan only at the time and developed by Tecmo and used the Matrix engine seen in Final Fantasy 3 and 4 DS. It has a real world take on RPGs, taking place in our own earth during the late 1800's. It even has locations such as London, New York, and Tokyo. A Victorian age I guess you could call it. But it has magic and airships to make it more fantasy-oriented.

Well, now this gem has FINALLY been announced for the US. Titled simply Nostalgia, it will be localized by Ignition Entertainment this fall September 2009.

[​IMG]

http://www.ignitionusa.com/
    http://gonintendo.com/?p=80701

Indepth info about the game and localization:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

And for those who have not seen or heard of this game, here's the Japanese trailer:

I believe Noitora began a menu translation for the game. Now, that's less stress for him and more fun for us! [​IMG]

It should also be noted that Famitsu gave the game a respectable 30/40 (8/7/8/7) score. Basically, anyone who likes the Final Fantasy DS games should be familiar with the gameplay.
    http://gonintendo.com/?p=61045

2. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I remember helping translate some stuff when Noitora was working on the translation. It seemed like a really nice game! I will be posting this is the front page soon [​IMG]

3. granville
    OP

United States
    I found that Nintendo Power did a preview page in the latest issue:

[​IMG]

4. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    u know what is funny? there was a chinese translation from long ago, and we get it now, but o well, better late then never [​IMG]

5. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    Steampunk rpg? On my DS? `Orgasms.`

6. twisteddeeds

Member twisteddeeds GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    this looks good, been reading about that some people have commented how this is quite like skies of arcadia

7. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    I actually tried this on rom dump and I only put it down because of the language barrier. I'll rate he graphics 8/10 some pretty nice effects even though I didn't get far. If you played FF anything for more than an hour then you must play this! I hear good things about the airship battlez

(now square enix.....remake FF7 DS!!!!) [​IMG] yous all wants it

8. blooddrake

Member blooddrake GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    this game it feels so...nostalgic

9. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    Awesome! Nice graphics [​IMG]

10. cosmiccow

Member cosmiccow Original Hippie

Germany
    that looks & sounds awesome.
    hope it's not as boring as final fantasy.. maybe it's a bit more like chrono trigger [​IMG]

11. granville
    OP

United States
    If you didn't like Final Fantasy due to dungeon crawling and random battles, you probably won't like this game either as it shares the exact same gameplay as Final Fantasy 3 DS without the job system. The game looks similar, has the same battle system, and the same kinds of dungeons. I've heard the only real gameplay difference is airship battles.

And this is not a Square Enix game. It is made by Tecmo and Matrix, localized by Ignition Entertainment. The gameplay is almost identical to Final Fantasy, but it's not Square Enix. I guess airships throw people off and the general similarities.

Even with the similarities, the game does stand on its own as a great game. It is also rather unorthodox as it takes place in the real world at a real time period (victorian age). It's certainly another great RPG in the long and growing list. Just don't expect many gameplay changes from Final Fantasy.

12. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    yup, u level up, gain some auto stats change, train more, gain some skill point, level up ur skills, the usual stuff [​IMG]

13. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    It has FF 10's grid system too with elements from not just FF but has some parts of the scenery and technology ripped from Tales of Innocence.

14. granville
    OP

United States
    True I totally forgot the grid system (haven't played it since last year). It's very fun to customize. So it does have its own feature to stand on its own. I really can't wait to finally be able to play it. I actually never made it past the first dungeon (with the young boy and his gunslinger friend or whatever). I need to be able to read the language, and I'm SO glad it's being translated!

15. cosmiccow

Member cosmiccow Original Hippie

Germany
    ah well. i'm still hyped for the game.
    i will definitely be giving it more chance than the usual hour [​IMG]

16. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    nice and fancy name... good graphics
    instant win for someone who is interested in such games and matrix has a good rep