InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hate to say it but Quake belongs on a computer period,anything else is a disgrace to the game
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
WileCoyote said:
Hate to say it but Quake belongs on a computer period,anything else is a disgrace to the game
smile.gif

Any game ported to any system is a great achievement. No game is *required* to run on any specific system, that is just your nostalgia talking =). Read the info on what Simon did to make Quake I run on the NDS, it is a very impressive and interesting. I personally enjoy playing Doom and Quake on my NDS more than I ever did on my PC. WIFI mode works for both (with some bugs) and I can play on the go, in the car, in the bathroom...

I think every game; including old retro gaming should be available on all counsels so that everyone can get their fix.

-AW

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
techforumz said:
Why is DSQuake a disgrace? I don't get that.
1. Only could use shareware
2. Only works in GBA cartridge emulating slot-2s (no FAT cards or slot-1)
3. Everything had to be "optimized"
4. Very thick "fog"
5. Choppy
http://dsquake.blogspot.com/
QuakeDS, now that's something else, you can use the full version, it works on slot-1s, you could just use the pak files, fog isn't that bad, and it's full speed.

(DSQuake!=QuakeDS)

techforumz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:
techforumz said:
Why is DSQuake a disgrace? I don't get that.
1. Only could use shareware
2. Only works in GBA cartridge emulating slot-2s (no FAT cards or slot-1)
3. Everything had to be "optimized"
4. Very thick "fog"
5. Choppy
http://dsquake.blogspot.com/
QuakeDS, now that's something else, you can use the full version, it works on slot-1s, you could just use the pak files, fog isn't that bad, and it's full speed.

(DSQuake!=QuakeDS)

My apologies, had absolutely no idea there was a difference. Will change that in the future. Thanks for pointing that out.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FaRReR said:
I think that a PokeSav DS would be cool, save about fifteen minutes of getting the damn MicroSD out of my DS, plugging it in, etc......
hate2.gif
Do you have some sort of mental disorder that inhibits your fine motor skills?

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
WileCoyote said:
smile.gif

Any game ported to any system is a great achievement. No game is *required* to run on any specific system, that is just your nostalgia talking =). Read the info on what Simon did to make Quake I run on the NDS, it is a very impressive and interesting. I personally enjoy playing Doom and Quake on my NDS more than I ever did on my PC. WIFI mode works for both (with some bugs) and I can play on the go, in the car, in the bathroom...

I think every game; including old retro gaming should be available on all counsels so that everyone can get their fix.

-AW

Well by now most people have a computer or atleast know a friend or family member that does.....I've played the game for years on end at one point,did the whole quake clan thing as well.....my opinion is to get the full effect of the game(this includes online play) it must be played on a computer.....

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FaRReR said:
no, I'm just lazy.
I'm imagining this 700 pound guy sitting in an executive chair taking 8 minutes to lift the all-heavy MicroSD from the DS resting on his stomach fat to the card reader thats sitting at an ever-so-far two feet away.

FaRReR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
heh, you wish. on the other hand though, I'd like a program like DSFTP, except faster and easier to set up, e.g. always on, and possibly to access my computer and copy files to my MicroSD from the computer.
P.S. I'm not fat.

techforumz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing anyone can do about the speed. The DS can't write stuff very fast. I think 16 Minutes per game is the average download time for a 32MB game.

madstarr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
metalmariomadstarr.smfforfree4.com
XP
Country
United States
Imagen Microsoft teamming up with Nintendo to make Windows DS for the DS. Since the DS has great sales, and alot of people all over the world have a DS, then Nintendo and Microsoft will get probably a lot of money with that. Bill Gates will get even richer.
ohmy.gif
it should have everything Windows has like getting into the internet, making Word documents, and other things you do on your computer, with using the touch screen as a new feature. It's just like your own computer. It would have probably have a DS card and a Slot-2 card to save everything in. Maybe it can support up to 15GB. I don't believe that it will have the storage space like a modern day computer (around 250-500gb). Price will definatly be over 100$. I don't think that it would happen but just imagen.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: