WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
32 bit OSes only can see 3 gigs of Ram....found out the hard way.
Running a 3 Dual Cores and one Quad Core...XP cause software works for it. Vista would make the cores operate better but....without software my PC's become pointless.

My Single Core has Vista on it and I hate it. basically is used for mIRC (which gives me problems .... run in admin mode) and surfing the web...oh and yahoo

Sevael

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The X2 isn't a bottleneck so it doesn't warrant a new motherboard, RAM and CPU, and Vista certainly doesn't. Yet that is!
I disagree. My sister's system is an X2-4200+ and 2GB DDR2 ram and it just chugs on Vista. It's like trying to work in quicksand. I'm running an E6750 and 2GB DDR2 ram and my system runs Vista as smoothly as XP, which is leaps and bounds better than her system. So yes, your processor can definitely be a bottleneck. It certainly isn't the ram or the video card, as I have the same card as you (and only one of them).

KarmaUK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The X2 isn't a bottleneck so it doesn't warrant a new motherboard, RAM and CPU, and Vista certainly doesn't. Yet that is!

I disagree. My sister's system is an X2-4200+ and 2GB DDR2 ram and it just chugs on Vista. It's like trying to work in quicksand. I'm running an E6750 and 2GB DDR2 ram and my system runs Vista as smoothly as XP, which is leaps and bounds better than her system. So yes, your processor can definitely be a bottleneck. It certainly isn't the ram or the video card, as I have the same card as you (and only one of them).

Well the PR with the OC is about 6000+, anyhow, I'll stick with XP and your not convincing me to upgrade.
tongue.gif

NoSoulX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
There's something called Vista transformation pack that makes XP visually to Vista. I don't know if it's good 'cause I haven't had the time to try it out.

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I used vista before and it was good imho. Just changed back to xp few days ago because of orange box. Just needed some lighter os for now.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho