Homebrew Windows on the New 3DS

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the information but I can't even find a .img for Windows 95! :angry:

It's possible to find one through a google search with iDos. Failing that you can always try "Darktraveler Windows" to build your own. You'll still need Windows 95 OS installation to do this though.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It shouldn't be hard to understand... -_-" If you want to find one try googling iDos. If you want to build one try googling "Darktraveler Windows". We can't exactly just hand you an .img on a silver platter as it comes under illegal warez, so your best bet is Google.

Regardless you'll still need to do some digging if you choose to find it.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure him giving you any hints would be a no no.
No sharing pirated content links/hints to links.
Generally this is talking about roms but Microsoft has never released their copyright for any version of Windows AFAIK.
It could be safely considered abandonware but in reality abandonware is basically piracy. Just because a publisher no longer supports/distributes something doesn't automagicly remove the copyright they had on it.

Last edited by AlexanderLS,

FIXMY3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm pretty sure him giving you any hints would be a no no.
No sharing pirated content links/hints to links.
Generally this is talking about roms but Microsoft has never released their copyright for any version of Windows AFAIK.
It could be safely considered abandonware but in reality abandonware is basically piracy. Just because a publisher no longer supports/distributes something doesn't automagicly remove the copyright they had on it.
I know. I was just hoping maybe someone could help.

Potatohead303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The D-pad for me isn't working for some reason, the start and select works. I don't know if it's the image i'm using or if it's the emulator causing the problem.

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've said this before and I'll say it again, ARM systems are not suitable for x86/x64 programs.
The highest end smartphone you can buy with the highly optimized BOCHS is going to struggle with x86/x64. The switch/3ds have no chance of flawlessly running x86/x64. You'd be better off trying to run an ARM linux distro.
EDIT: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-linux-for-the-3ds.407187/

Last edited by AlexanderLS,

Bobsican

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
XXXTORTELLINI: Can you tell where? It may fix my problem at attemping to make run Windows 98.
PS: I found out you can play Minecraft in Windows 98 at , but I wonder if... I hope not...

Bobsican

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
XXXTORTELLINI: I have that... everytime I try to play it in my New 3DS XL, it just makes it crash, forcing it to reset the whole system.
I guess I still have to find the image files, Am I right? If so, Where? I can´t just look up Windows 98 and then just paste it to my SD card, since it has to be in .iso format.

XXXTORTELLINI

╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XXXTORTELLINI: I have that... everytime I try to play it in my New 3DS XL, it just makes it crash, forcing it to reset the whole system.
I guess I still have to find the image files, Am I right? If so, Where? I can´t just look up Windows 98 and then just paste it to my SD card, since it has to be in .iso format.
The windows boot image has to be in .img format. You can find it by looking for iDos zip files that will have several windows boot images. I suggest that you use a built of 98 Lite if you really want windows 98 due to boot times

D

Deleted User

PS: I found out you can play Minecraft in Windows 98 at ~snip~, but I wonder if... I hope not...
You can not run the PC version of Minecraft on a 3DS, much less play it. In fact, Windows 98 barely runs at all, and when it does (possibly via Win98 Lite), it's excruciatingly slow. There is an RDP client for the 3DS, I believe, though the name of the program eludes me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1