Windows Live Solution Centre

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Acetic Orcein, Aug 20, 2010.

Aug 20, 2010
  1. Acetic Orcein
    OP

Member Acetic Orcein GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Baah!

Another one of my random issues. Basically I've been having trouble with windows live messenger since February. It's got to the point where I've contacted:
    http://windowslivehelp.com/

Even they don't know the problem! As such, they have requested the system information, obained by the following steps:
    Run MSinfo32 as follows
    • In Windows XP: Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type msinfo32 and then press Ok
    • In Windows Vista and Windows 7: Click on Start and then type msinfo32 on the Start Search box, and then press Enter
    Note: It may take several seconds for this information to be collected and displayed.
    b. In the System Information window, click File and Save. Save the file to Desktop in the default format .nfo

So they want the System.nfo. You basically upload this privately via the administrators, so noone else can see, except the staff- but is that safe to do? Can someone do dodgy things with this file?

Thank you very much for your time.

2. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    this is microsoft were talking about right? and so they should keep your data safe if they lost it ior gave it to 3-rd party then thats illigal (correct me id im wrong)

all this does is display system info

3. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    I'm pretty sure it's safe.
    They'll just have information on your system (specs, etc.). Send it. I think