Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tanveer said:
coolness said:
looks like nothing changed
They havent changed anything in the UI yet I think.

Man, I just got Windows 7 only a few months ago.. probably wont be upgrading the next 3 years at least lol.

don`t worry windows 8 while come out in 2012
biggrin.gif

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tanveer said:
I would hope so. I want to see great improvement
biggrin.gif
Quite happy with windows 7 actually. Never bothered with Vista. I dont regret uprgrading from XP
smile.gif

i`m more happy with Ubuntu than WIndows it only have give me shit on my laptop
i cannot run hack and code tools normally :S

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
There's a leaked release of it. Mean it works. Give it a year, maybe two. That's still too fast. OSs are NOT game systems...No, that's not how shit works. It's in a functional state because it's building off an existing OS, so the completeness of the OS is separate from completing the transition from 7-8.

Tanveer said:
Why dont they improve on windows 7 instead of working on 8 :/.
People still use XP, now we are gonna have a even bigger gap.

More driver issues, etc etc. People complaining about "this" not working with XP, "that" not working with Vista etc etcIf you have driver issues then it's most likely the fault of the company you got your hardware from. Call them and bitch until they start caring about you enough to supply you with proper drivers, because it's THEIR job to write them.

GeekyGuy said:
Too hard to keep up with Microsoft.Opposed to... ?
OSX and Linux have faster schedules.

GeekyGuy said:
I'm still happily using XP.
smile.gif
You're gonna' have to get over it and update eventually, more for security reasons than anything. Xp will reach ten years old this October.

QUOTE(Foxi4 @ Apr 13 2011, 08:18 AM)
Because Vista is a failiure of an OS compared even to XP as far as speed of use is concerned and getting 7 will turn your PC into a blazing Rapidash compared to Vista? The only reason I can think of, I guess.
A common misconception. At the time of Vista's release computer companies were still fucking shit up on preinstalls and trying to skimp out on the cheapest hardware they could, so the systems they sold you ran like shit because they were built like shit. When you do a proper install of Vista on proper hardware, it's between XP and 7 in speed (as it should be).
http://anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=3666&p=7
Seven pages of benchmarks for you there.

QUOTE(gokujr1000 @ Apr 13 2011, 08:54 AM)
I still would rather use a Windows XP then a Windows 7. Windows 7 should have just been a service pack for Windows Vista seeing Vista was one of the most Bullshit Os's Microsoft has yet to make.
7 is an update to Vista (a main point was to get people to stop bitching about Vista and just get the fuck off XP).

God I hate OS threads.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
any1 still using xp is just brain dead and got luck getting todays games working and looking amazing on xp!

I still run XP and I don't really have an issue with it. Yet again I don't really play "today's games" but it's still a largely popular operating system.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I'll wait until it has some appealing features. Or an official beta like Win 7 had. I've loved this new taskbar ever since I first booted the W7 beta.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DryYoshi said:
Won't get this. Looks like Windows 7 and I FREAKING HATE Windows 7! (with the taskbar and stuff, tried it at my grandma's)
I'll just stick to my broken Vista laptop
tongue.gif

I hated 7 so much that I installed Vista on the laptop I bought with 7 preinstalled. Seemed like everything was just switched around (with no way to switch things back to the way I like doing them without installing 3rd party programs that run at startup and eat resources) for the sake of switching things around.

All the Vista hate is just haters gonna hate.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
For people who still like XP, there is a free XP virtual machine for Windows 7 called XP Mode (you need to download it from the microsoft website).

The fun thing is that it can open single applications (instead of having all the other stuff like a virtual desktop etc), so you can use your XP programs on your windows 7 desktop side by side with the normal windows.

15done.jpg

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
tj_cool said:
For people who still like XP, there is a free XP virtual machine for Windows 7 called XP Mode (you need to download it from the microsoft website).

The fun thing is that it can open single applications (instead of having all the other stuff like a virtual desktop etc), so you can use your XP programs on your windows 7 desktop side by side with the normal windows.

15done.jpg
XP mode is only available for Win 7 Pro & Ultimate though, not Home Basic/Premium
tongue.gif

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:

15done.jpg
Oh wow. That's like Compatibility Mode EXTREME.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte