Gaming Windows 7 pirates beware

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok just get whatever version of windows 7 that you want and when your installing it once it get to the product key screen just ignore it and press next let it finish setting up then open internet explorer and google (7loader) and find it, it should work perfectly thats how i did mmine

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have the legit DVD of Windows 7 and install it on my Computer than give the same DVD to my friend and he installs Windows 7 does that mean his is pirated?

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Joe88 said:
Arctic said:
Guys, getting a free legal key is so damn easy! All you have to do is know someone in university and get them to sign up at MSDNAA.
you dont just get MSDNAA for being a student

you have to be one involved in a technology major, but also the uni/college has to have the program set up with MS to offer it
Well, most places offer it. And if you know someone in college chances are is that they know someone in technology.
wink.gif

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I realise it is a little off-topic, but does anyone know where one can obtain a copy of Windows XP - the 64bit edition.

I have sampled both Vista and Windows 7, and to be honest I cannot stand them. I am still using an old XP, but want to upgrade to the 64 bit edition, but I cannot locate it as of yet.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Pre-emptive tl;dr: No, that's a Really Bad Idea?.

The 64-bit edition of XP is rarely a good choice. Only professional is available in 64-bit, and since it was used so little many devices simply do not have drivers for it. You cannot use 32-bit drivers on 64-bit (cannot, period, no dicking around will fix that), and drivers for a newer OS may not work right, if at all.

There only reason to go for 64-bit XP is if you are REQUIRED to run a program that does not run on Vista/7 (such as for work, meaning your income depends on it) and it cannot work properly with only 4 gigs of total memory.

Just accept the fact that time flows. XP is almost nine years old, and new operating systems are not going to be XP. Furthermore, look at it from a security standpoint. What happens when a product stops getting updates? Any security holes in it stay in it. As soon as XP stops getting security updates (it's already off mainsteam support!), crackers and such are going to be SLAMMING the net with exploits designed to use those security holes to compromise your system because they will never be fixed.

Going for 64-bit XP NOW is stupid unless it's a requirement for a work environment that your livlihood depends on, and you'll keep it disconnected from the net.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i just updated to win 7 64 bit after using xp home 32bit for like 8 years and i'm happy to have PAID for it kicks the living shit out of xp and vista you wouldn't believe how much faster my comp is now i've even got all the effects etc, glass windows turned up to max and it still doesn't miss a blink. got it cheap too cos i said i was a system builder (well i am...sort of i can build pc's!) sooner or later the pirated versions always get compromised anyway no matter what you do. just buy it

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Arctic said:
Guys, getting a free legal key is so damn easy! All you have to do is know someone in university and get them to sign up at MSDNAA.
I have that MSNDNAA thingy. It's pretty awesome... but they only give you a Win7 Professional Key, not Ultimate :|
So screw them, I've "got" Ultimate anyway >:(

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres min difference in pro and ultimate

ultimate just has a lot of server stuff
ie. 95% of the people using it will never use these features

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have windows 7 ultimate on my netbook for lulz.

If Windows 7 breaks on it I'm going to install Snow Leopard instead.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
nitrostemp said:
time to turn off automatic updates

Lulz, beat me to it.

B-Blue said:
QUOTE(raulpica @ Feb 12 2010, 02:31 PM) Too bad for MS that I have totally removed the Win7 WAT (Windows Activation Technologies) from my PC long ago
smileipb2.png

how did you do that?

yeah Howssss ?
Reg edit IIRC, worked for XP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    There is zero instacart delivery to here. No door dash. No Uber. Notta. Its a small farming community
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eagerly awaiting 4x 8TB HDDs to get delivered today
    So I drive the 30 miles there, spend $100-$150 on groceries, and drive back home. Still saved $$$ after gas over shopping locally.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You'd think you could make deals with local farmers
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I could make a killing there doing instcart there :D @RedColoredStars
    It makes the trip even more worth it if I'm out of my medication and need to stop by the medical dispensary. I try to line the two up to avoid extra trips.
    +1
    @AncientBoi, Except the town is pretty MAGA infested. People still flying TRUMP 2016 flags all over. They didnt get the memo the year changed since then. lol.
    +1
    They passed a city ordinance last month. No smoking cannabis in public. Not even eating gummies. $300 fine and misdemeanor charge if caught. People can walk down the street smoking cigs and tossing the butts all over, but God forbit someone take a couple puffs of their medication.
    +1
    First off, it's recreationally legal here. Secondly, I have a prescription from my doctor and approved by the state. But still a fucking criminal.
    +1
    Like at bars. Cant sit outside even in the smoking section and take a few puffs. Yet I have to breath the cig smoke from 20 people chain smoking all night in every direction around me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I feel like Trump is going to crush Biden just because of the trial
    They cite
    public health and safety concerns" LMAO!!! Yet they do nothing about the poison drinking water quality.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The look at how they treated me card is powerful within dumb voters
    A Trump win is certainly a possibility. If he's reelected, 4 more years then no one has to worry about him being president ever again. I survived last time, I'll survive it if there's a next time. Don't know how anyone could vote for the guy, but I'm also not anyone else but me.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly things were cheaper with Trump but that's tounge and cheek could be exactly the same outcome if he won reelection
    All of the fake "Christians" vote for him even though he's broken like 8 of the 10 commandments... that we know of. Maybe all 10. LOL
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A president is just a public figure within America
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    South park put it will there's always a bite between a turd sandwhich or a giant douce
    +1
    I like when he says stuff like "They are preventing me from talking!!!" Wait. What? You mean the person that is literally talking right now.. is being prevented from talking? LOL! Gag order also does not apply to taking the stand. He's free to say whatever he'd like. lolol
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    holy fuck this discsussion sucks, where are my sisters
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well if it sucks stop blowing turd sandwhich
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, convince your parents to make a sister for you
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    parents? what parents?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People who screwed each other to make you