Windows 7 Networking

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by VashTS, May 2, 2010.

1. VashTS
    OP

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    I've never experienced any problems using networking features on Vista or 7 before. Now my drives don't want to share and my laptop is saying my desktop is "not given permission" for access. I have shared each drive to have Full Control under Everyone. The ONLY way drive sharing works is when Homegroup is enabled. That is really annoying. Now my Wii cannot access a drive, only a specific folder. So basically I have to share the drive, then share the folder in order to access it.

Anyone know how to remove Homegroups and still have full networked access to my drives? I can disable the service but I lose access if I do.

2. Diablo1123

Diablo1123 Newcomer

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Underground
    I have that setup, I just don't remember how.
    I remember one thing I did was have to set a password on my user account, then I had it setup to autologin and I never noticed.

edit:
    Quick google brings up http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-7/s...ndows-7-and-xp/

3. VashTS
    OP

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    I think my problem is actually Avira 10. I heard a rumor that Avira 10 is acting gay, someone told me that they actually got infected from the install. I fixed the problem slightly...there were some Autorun.inf's on the root of my external 1TB. Once I took control and deleted them it started working with my laptop...gonna test the wii later.

4. VashTS
    OP

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    damn wii still don't work with smb. the dumbest part is if I share a single folder it works great! if i can access a folder why the fuck can't i see the entire drive!?!?!

something is going on and its not my pc settings. i think there is some malicious software on my pc.