1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I ran the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and every was fine except for Windows Aero Support. This is the report:

Code:
Your current graphics adapter won't support the Windows Aero user interface. If you want to experience the benefits of Windows Aero, contact your PC manufacturer or retailer to see if an upgrade is available.

My graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 2400 with all the latest drivers and I got it a little over a year ago so isn't it a good card? What I want to know if I should just go through with the install or is there anyway to fix it?

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
Does your mobo have an intergrated card? If so, are you plugged into the 2400 or the intergrated card? Even if you are plugged into your 2400, but have an intergraded card, jump into your bios and disable the intergrated one. If that still does not work, just install anyway. Once windows installs download the latest drivers from ATI and you can switch Aero back on.

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
CrimsoniteX said:
Does your mobo have an intergrated card? If so, are you plugged into the 2400 or the intergrated card? Even if you are plugged into your 2400, but have an intergraded card, jump into your bios and disable the intergrated one. If that still does not work, just install anyway. Once windows installs download the latest drivers from ATI and you can switch Aero back on.

I wouldn't know I got my PC pre-packed straight from dell. I took a look in the bios anyway and there was no sign of an intergrated card.

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
That hack is not necessary, you have the required hardware to run Aero. Look on the back of your PC, is there two different places to plug in your vga/dvi cable?

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
CrimsoniteX said:
That hack is not necessary, you have the required hardware to run Aero. Look on the back of your PC, is there two different places to plug in your vga/dvi cable?

I can't be bothered to check. I will just install it and try the hack, worst comes to worst the OS goes very slow and I have to reinstall XP.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
CrimsoniteX said:

If he does have 2 different plugs, that doesn't necessarily mean he can run the Aero interface.

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarrior said:
CrimsoniteX said:

If he does have 2 different plugs, that doesn't necessarily mean he can run the Aero interface.

Yea plus the hack is for if windows thinks the graphics card is not compatible even though it is. Also its an HD card so it should work but I will post back after the install completes.

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow...I installed Windows 7 and everything went perfect and aero automatically worked. But I have one tiny problem maybe someone here can help me with. When I try to instlal .net framwork I get this error message:

Capture.png

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Zenith94 said:
Wow...I installed Windows 7 and everything went perfect and aero automatically worked. But I have one tiny problem maybe someone here can help me with. When I try to instlal .net framwork I get this error message:

Capture.png
.NET framework 3.5 comes pre-installed on windows 7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night