Gaming Windows 7 Customization

DQScott95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started this thread looking for ways to help you guys customize Windows 7 but im changing it into one that helps you guys I am going to list all I can and update when i find something new.

1. Rocketdock: A freeware program that adds a dock to our desktop much like the OS X dock, it provides a nice clean interface to drop shortcuts on.

Link: Rocketdock

2. Rainmeter: Rainmeter is a desktop customization platform. Through Rainmeter, you can enhance your Windows computer at home or work with skins: handy, compact applets which float freely on your desktop, much like Windows Sidebar gagdgets.

Link: Rainmeter

3. Visual Styles: Visual styles make Windows look very nice. There are many different Visual Styles that people make and upload to various sites. You can find them on a site such as DeviaNtArt you can also just google them to. Visual styles alter almost anything about Windows that you want the taskbar the start orb you name it. They are highly customizable.

And if you feel like making your own Visual Style Vista Style Builder.

Link to patch: Ux Style Core You do need this for the themes to work there is no point getting them if you do not have this installed or if you havnt patched your system files.

This in my opinion is much better than patching important system files, all it does is install and then you are able to use 3rd party themes. Plus you can remove it anytime you want....though i dont see why you would want to.

All I have for now I will try to update regulary with new things.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users