Windows 10 and windows 7 dual boot.

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So over the last decade, i've been using windows 7 for a loong long time. But now that they ended support, i finally upgraded to win10 and...

It was 10x times slower. Windows 7 ran perfectly on my 2gb ram laptop but win10... it takes up 1.4gb ram and it's generally slower.
But I still have windows.old but... If i downgrade, i'll just end up being a total gooner
So I thought, will it be possible to somehow open up a 10gb partitioned space on my hard drive and install windows 7 there and basically dual boot?

Reactions: yuyuyup

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So over the last decade, i've been using windows 7 for a loong long time. But now that they ended support, i finally upgraded to win10 and...

It was 10x times slower. Windows 7 ran perfectly on my 2gb ram laptop but win10... it takes up 1.4gb ram and it's generally slower.
But I still have windows.old but... If i downgrade, i'll just end up being a total gooner
So I thought, will it be possible to somehow open up a 10gb partitioned space on my hard drive and install windows 7 there and basically dual boot?

Yes... kind of.
I agree that Win10 sucks.
But if I'm not mistaken, in order to install Windows 10 you'll need UEFI boot in order to install Win10 from there.
BIOS is no longer compatible with Windows 10. And at the same time UEFI is not compatible with older hardware.

At least that's what I understand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s