Zelda TOTK Tips and Tricks

Wind Temple tips?

Mike_77712

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tempbros...i hate this place so much. I thought it would be standard dungeon but no I have to find dumb turbines while using food so I don't freeze to death. Any tips for finding the turbines easily outside of using a guide? I'd just like to finish this dungeon and never look back. Of all the first dungeons I could've picked....

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i found warm clothes on the "tutorial" sky island
it's in a hollowed out tree stump, near a shrine
you could fast travel there and back to the wind temple easily

it's also the first dungeon i did

Last edited by mrgone,
Reactions: sarkwalvein

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
The way you talk make me believe that you don't want the locations straight up, so I'll not give them, I'll just give some tips (you may already know many of those, but here it goes anyway).

- If you fuse a ruby to a shield it will warm you up. You can cook 5 peppers to give a huge time without worrying about the cold (I believe it's 14 minutes)

- The cannons can be destroyed with one ability Link has

- The map give up the turbine locations, if you look to the left there is a list of floors, that list tell in witch floor the turbine is

- Sometimes if you study the map, you may find a entrance above or bellow where the turbine is

- the ice spikes can be fused to stuff

- you still can use the ship flags to go up

- you can teleport and leave the dungeon and get back later without loosing any progress (use this to get peppers, cook or whatever).

Reactions: Lostbhoy

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also, regarding avoiding the cold here, the free suit piece (trousers) close to the Gutanbac shrine in the Great Sky Island is not enough. You should also buy something like the Snowquill Tunic or the Snowquill Headdress in Rito Village.

PS: or just keep eating spicy food.

Mike_77712

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found warm clothes on the "tutorial" sky island
it's in a hollowed out tree stump, near a shrine
you could fast travel there and back to the wind temple easily

it's also the first dungeon i did
that's a really good idea. I kept thinking that if I fast traveled away I'd have to climb all the way back up again.
Post automatically merged:

You should also buy something like the Snowquill Tunic or the Snowquill Headdress in Rito Village.
Funny thing about that, I bought the pants and cheaped out on everything else because I noticed my temperature was ok. but when I got near the top I finally realized that pants weren't enough to keep me warm :nayps3: .

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Funny thing about that, I bought the pants and cheaped out on everything else because I noticed my temperature was ok. but when I got near the top I finally realized that pants weren't enough to keep me warm :nayps3: .
Ermm... well, that's a problem, can't wear one pant over the other in Zelda TOTK.

Mike_77712

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way you talk make me believe that you don't want the locations straight up, so I'll not give them, I'll just give some tips (you may already know many of those, but here it goes anyway).

- If you fuse a ruby to a shield it will warm you up. You can cook 5 peppers to give a huge time without worrying about the cold (I believe it's 14 minutes)

- The cannons can be destroyed with one ability Link has

- The map give up the turbine locations, if you look to the left there is a list of floors, that list tell in witch floor the turbine is

- Sometimes if you study the map, you may find a entrance above or bellow where the turbine is

- the ice spikes can be fused to stuff

- you still can use the ship flags to go up

- you can teleport and leave the dungeon and get back later without loosing any progress (use this to get peppers, cook or whatever).
after reading all the comments in your reply and this thread in general it really doesn't seem as bad as i was making it out to be. It sounds like I need regroup and go get some more warm clothes. I have a few meals left to warm me up but they won't last forever of course, especially at the pace I play lol.
Post automatically merged:

Ermm... well, that's a problem, can't wear one pant over the other in Zelda TOTK.
I wish there was an option to wear warm stuff just for the 'stats' then use any pants I'd like over them. Like some other games do for ugly outfits with really good perks/buffs

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
after reading all the comments in your reply and this thread in general it really doesn't seem as bad as i was making it out to be.
I breeze through this temple, but Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom are just like that. Every single person will get a complete different experience. I got destroyed by the Gerudo quest boss BTW, maybe it will be easy for you and things go just like that...

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I breeze through this temple, but Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom are just like that. Every single person will get a complete different experience. I got destroyed by the Gerudo quest boss BTW, maybe it will be easy for you and things go just like that...
To be honest, there was one dumb thing that made me waste time in this temple.
You see that puzzle where you should fuse an ice spike to "stuff"?
Well, instead of first noticing the ice spikes I fused a couple of weapons to the "stuff";
But the fusion broke apart and the "stuff" didn't move as intended.

Because of this for a long time I thought the solution was not related to fusing anything to the "stuff", as it did not work when I first tried... and then after wasting plenty time I decided to try again the same thing but with an ice spike, and then it worked, and then I felt like an idiot.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
what took me a while with this temple is figuring out that you have to access the lower levels by jumping off the flying boat and re-entering through the side windows! ughhhh!

Reactions: shaunj66

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had no clue how to activate the turbines at first.... Bloody waving a korok leaf like crazy for 20 mins before I remembered about the wind sage thing :rofl2:

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To be honest, there was one dumb thing that made me waste time in this temple.
You see that puzzle where you should fuse an ice spike to "stuff"?
Well, instead of first noticing the ice spikes I fused a couple of weapons to the "stuff";
But the fusion broke apart and the "stuff" didn't move as intended.

Because of this for a long time I thought the solution was not related to fusing anything to the "stuff", as it did not work when I first tried... and then after wasting plenty time I decided to try again the same thing but with an ice spike, and then it worked, and then I felt like an idiot.
This one might have taken me a while as well if someone who watched me playing hadn't pointed me towards that solution. However, your idea wasn't that far off. I just tried fusing a handle (a weapon in this case) to the "stuff" and using the Ultrahand ability to make the "stuff" move along with the handle. You don't need the rest of the contraption if you move the handle for a while and then use the Recall ability to set it in motion again. I already used a similar move on another door in that temple. Ultrahand + Recall is pretty overpowered in my opinion. You can use it to send wings flying, reach high places effortlessly and even beat monsters with it.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Latest photos

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: