Gaming Will you buy Pokemon Sword and/or Shield?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,588
  • Replies 46

Will you buy the game(s)?

• Yes

Votes: 51 42.9%
  • I was planning to but changed my mind

Votes: 45 37.8%
  • I wasn't going to buy it anyway

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 8 6.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
This thread is not a debate about the decision to remove Pokemon which will not appear in the games. We already have two threads about that. This thread asks whether you will buy the games anyway. Personally, I was going to buy Pokemon Sword, but changed my mind. I'll probably borrow the game off a friend.

71r3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I will definitly get it, but only used cause of the few ´mons that are actualy in.
But yeah, first mainline Pokemon for switch so absolutely YES! :D

Lumian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will give it a chance, and as a matter of principle. I'd rather Nintendo experiment and occasionally flop than do what they used to which is basically regurgitate the same exact things basically every console gen. They seem to be experimenting more on Switch, and it has gone some neat places already.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, never played any Pokémon games and i never will because they don't intrest me at all

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 with Tapatalk

Reactions: roamin

Tiger21820

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo3dscentral.com
XP
Country
United States
I preordered both! I am a bit disappointed about the exclusion of most pokémon in any capacity, but I got over it! At least my favorite pokémon is obtainable though! I'm sure that more of the pokémon will be re-added as more games come out, and I'll be damned if the last pokémon game(s) to ever be made does not have every pokémon available in some capacity as well as a national pokédex!

eherrera322

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna be like Mario maker 2, a feature that'll be added at launch or a later date to please the fans. They wanted to see how far they could get away with being lazy. Maybe why its releasing this year instead of next, with so many missing pokemon.

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if by buying you mean getting it's nsp/xci file
then yes ( ͡º˵◞ل͟◟ ͡º˵)

fk them, i was gonna buy the dual pack and cancelled it on wednesday. loyal fan for over 15yrs, played every gen and bought every copy. even when s/m was leaked in 2016 still bought sun version.

sorry for being a bit vulgar but cuckfreaks need to be taught a lesson

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
I changed my mind, not specifically because of not including all Pokemon but so far it's looking like following the same trend of mediocre single player and no post game since XY. I couldn't care less about Dynamax and I really dislike the whole soccer aesthetic (blame my country for that). Yet we still doesn't know much about how much content the game will have, so I might change my mind (Although most likely I'll just ask a friend to lend it to me).

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, definitely. IMO it was time to retire the old linear formula generations ago, and I'm excited to see how big the open world ends up being. I don't see any reason why all the Pokemon shouldn't be included, but I build a new team for every Pokemon game I play regardless, so it doesn't bother me that much personally. Some of the new Mons look pretty slick, too, like Corviknight.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes of course I will, and that didn't change with THAT news last week.. I don't care for the dynamax thing, too much of a love letter to Poke Go, and just looks ridiculous, but actually wasn't too fond of Megas and the move thingie on Sun/Moon either (before playing them) - doesn't stop me from playing them, and neither will this.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only cause I already preordered before the bad news dropped. Don’t wanna spend the time on the phone with Nintendo to get a refund

D

Deleted User

OP
This poll is not scientific. The sample size is too way small and only a specific demographic (GBAtemp members) have responded to it. Just over 1 in 3 people who were planning to buy the game changed their mind, which suggests that Game Freak's move to omit most of the older Pokemon will cost them money, pressuring them into include all Pokemon in future entries and add them back into Sword and Shield in a patch. With this said, only time will tell.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hell no, I am tire of games where the main character is a prebubescent male or female where no damn adult with 40+ yrs of experience can beat them. Pastel textures. Judging from the trailers, main cities looks boring and unpopulated. Gym leaders looking like jap-queer. No full Pokédex and many more rants. SAD.

Pip'

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I feel like I love Pokémon too much to not buy it. Though I do feel like Game Freak are quite a lazy company when it comes down to it. The game should look a lot better in graphical detail than it does, they literally contradict themselves to reasonings of why Pokémon are cut. THEY USE THE SAME ANIMATIONS FROM SINCE XY for Pokémon, Battle Revolution had better animations! Yet apparently they're adding more detail by cutting other Pokémon, where???

Though it's true graphics don't make a game I feel like the company tries to cut corners too often, especially now that they're trying to cut Pokémon out. I expected so much more from a true switch Pokémon title graphically and by giving Pokémon more movement than just an idle pose. At the end of the day though, I know I'd still buy it or well, in this instance I won't have to in order to play it.

Reactions: zxr750j

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel