Pokemon Sword and Shield and dexit in retrospect

toolazytosearchitmyself

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When I first heard about dexit I was fucking pissed like many other fans were. Eventually I bought the game anyway and played it. I found that even with hundreds of Pokemon cut there were still too many. The game does however have quality issues. The animations, texture quality and draw distance are all too low for a HD system. The battles are slow-paced even with animations turned off, lengthening the game by making the player wait and wait and wait. The lack of difficulty options which could make the game more entertaining for advanced players was absent once again.

So on the surface dexit was a good thing but when you take the iceberg effect into account, the fans' disagreements with the overall quality of the games was well justified. What do you think and why?

Reactions: OM3GAZX

Santiagofamo18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Pokemon games never have been tecnical masterpiece, with a few exceptions like BW which IMO had the best balance between 2D and 3D, but before 3D era, regions were well designed. Kanto and Jotho were a more lineal experience, Hoenn and Sinnoh had a ton of backtracking which I like it a lot and Unova while it's lineal again had a good cities and town designs. When pokemon jumped to 3D this map design was gone. Never played XY but for what I've seen Kalos is a lineal peace of shit, Alola was empty af, Galar is by far the worst region of any pokemon game, just an straight line almost and Paldea is also empty af. I want to stop at galar because they promised high quality animations due to the hardware upgrade and we got the most boring, lineal, 0 interesting and IMO ugly af region.
What I've enjoy about Pokemon was exploration. I loved having to explore deep caves for having legendaries, I loved events where a guy on a shop gives you an item where you can use it to catch legendaries like Deoxys, or Darkrai, and other ones never have been released like Arceus with the azure flute or Mew with the ticket I dont remember how was called.

I loved events where they doesn't drop you legendaries in your face and, if they do it like the Arceus or Regigigas from the event in Platinum and HGSS, at least enable an event. Arceus enabled an event in HGSS where Cynthia takes you to Sinjoh ruins to see the 4 gen legendaries FUCKING BORN. That is is lore development. Regigigas in Platinium lets you catch 3 regis on a similar way that was on 3rd Gen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021