Homebrew Question Will Tinfoil get DLC/UPDATE support?

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering since I've no idea where it originated from, will it eventually get DLC/UPDATE support?

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Trust me man, we all want it, but it's so new we can't say for sure. It'll probably be coming later on.

It's definitely possible I managed to install a patch on one game with devmenu and it's just an iteration of that, isn't it? (by possible I mean possible in the future).

I would say probably..... Just use CDNSP GUI on the pc for now and enjoy that in all it glory.

Feels risky doing that lmao... Like it might lead to a ban.

Last edited by Ian095,

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thing is, CDNSP isn't that risky because your not using your own cert. If you stay offline, your good. For now.

Ohh I see, not sure how it works tbh but touching Nintendo's servers always seems risky (I'm supposing that's what it does)???

Neath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ohh I see, not sure how it works tbh but touching Nintendo's servers always seems risky (I'm supposing that's what it does)???
Yeah. If your concerned, look into a VPN. They won't ban you for using your pc to download off their CDN though (unless you are using your cert lol). As far as we know anyway.

benson733

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Its pulling content with user donated certs from Nintendo servers on PC. Not any more risky than anything else I would think...

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah but all packed in a nice simple GUI on your desktop. No advertisement or pages that give you a run around to generate them revenue.

Ohh I see there is Google Drive out there with literally every file imaginable, lol. Only problem is the DLC/Patches can't be installed :cry:

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For now dlc and update are installed using forged ticket-> that won't be supported, since it is only for piracy. There qre other ways tho.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So what exactly makes the forged ticket? Not asking for it just what does it.
Basically zeroes or random data, using a titlekey. However what makes it? Applications like nspbuild take it by default.

Out of curiosity you used nsp dl'ed from the cdn? Or something else?

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Basically zeroes or random data, using a titlekey. However what makes it? Applications like nspbuild take it by default.

Out of curiosity you used nsp dl'ed from the cdn? Or something else?

Oh I see I used a XCI > NSP converter originally and whatever kind of forged ticket that makes it got an XML error in Tinfoil, does it work in Devmenu it must be of a similar fashion?

Also, there is a Google Drive of someone who has used CDNSP to get NSP files. The majority of base games work with no issue it's just that some games like BOTW require an update, one which I can't apply myself to be played. (It's forced for some reason, unlike the others that give you the option. Maybe because I originally had the game + DLC installed already?) (UPDATE: I was able to use Devmenu to reset the version counter or whatever and play BOTW).

If Tinfoil was updated to be able to install updates and DLC I'd have no reason to ever bother keeping up with these "newer" Hekate/ReiNX updates until a full fledged CFW appears. I've managed to get both CFW with the sig patches and their required not so copyright friendly files.

Last edited by Ian095,

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why has no one leaked tools that can be used to build retail encrypted NSPs? It's hugely important for the scene that we are able to do that. Otherwise we are stuck with whatever happens to be on the eShop, assuming that downloading from the eShop CDN even remains viable long term.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality