Will this work?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by kingtomy, Aug 5, 2009.

Aug 5, 2009

Will this work? by kingtomy at 5:41 AM (974 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. kingtomy
    OP

Newcomer kingtomy Member

United States
    So i also stupidly downloaded 1.4. i heard people saying that there is no way to downgrade, but im not so sure about that. If u enter the system settings menu, on the last page u can format the system memory. If u format it, all added software and save data will be deleted. But i want know, will this downgrade the dsi back to its previous state before 1.4? cuz this basically restores the system to its factory default and i got this dsi in april before 1.4 was out. will this work? im willing to restore my system to its default if it means getting my acekard to work again.

2. kingtomy
    OP

Newcomer kingtomy Member

United States
    y wont it work? doesnt formatting the system restore it to its factory default? and i got this dsi in april which was before 1.4 came out so the factory default obviously isnt 1.4, so y wouldnt it work? explain to me plz.

3. purplesludge

Member purplesludge anyone have any ideas for this space

United States
    It only erases the internal memory and returns everything to default settings. the firmware is actually installed and is not stored in the internal memory.

4. kingtomy
    OP

Newcomer kingtomy Member

United States
    Oh, well......thnx for crushing a childs hopes and dreams.

5. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    we are just stating the fact~! if you are in in doubt? just do it [​IMG]

6. ashley.ince

Newcomer ashley.ince Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    it doesn't work, i tried that it'll only delete your profile, any wifi settings / router settings and any dsi ware u got off dsi shop (u can re download em for free) and removing ur battery just deletes the date and time setting

7. Fatboy12345236

Member Fatboy12345236 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Yeah if wont work [​IMG] I think the way AK2i r gonna get around this is like a flashme kinda thing but once the flashcarts blocked thers nothing u could do u could try and fake it with nintendo and do all u can to say ur firmwares corrupted or something like that if they give u a new dsi idt it would hav the 1.4

8. bach3609

Member bach3609 GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    of course it won't work, why would nintendo add that feature since that will just make people start pirating again after making the mistake of updating. Use common sense xD

9. TheWorldEndsWith

Newcomer TheWorldEndsWith Advanced Member

United States
    oh...
    i hope nintendo doesn't care