Hacking Will this hardrive work with the Wii???

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Been a couple years since I posted....purchased this drive to be delivered next week for the wii as well (inspired after softmodding my wiikey v1 chipped wii to play NSMB). Planning to run wiiflow....could you guys let me know if:

1) Do you need to use WD power management software with this drive to stop the powering down or does it do this properly (someone said only powers down when you shut off the wii)

2) Anyone know a good guide to wiiflow? All I have = the readme to go by and a couple posts/youtube videos. Would like to know specifics like what's the recommended space you parition for both WBFS and FAT(16 or 32? Don't remember from readme) to have enough space for all covers of games.....do you install wiiflow like any homebrew? Just put in apps and run through HBC? Then it'll automatically find the partition on your usb drive (FAT) to install itself to? If I did this though, how do I install it as a channel? I'd like to install it as a forwarder .dol but how do you make the forwarder know your pointing to the usb versus the sd?

I would appreciate any pointers, thank you.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I also just got this drive and need to know if there is a spindown issue that needs to be turned off with seperate software.

I looked on WD site and can't find anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock