Hacking Will this brick my Wii?

krissynz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded to 3.2 and have the soft mod hack. If I upgrade my system will it brick the system, should I just stay on 3.2 and not worry about upgrading any?

Also lately while playing SNES9x emulator, it keeps popping up saying "Upgrade is available, upgrade now?" Is this for the Wii itself, or for the emulator? Is it safe to do this upgrade?

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
krissynz said:
I downgraded to 3.2 and have the soft mod hack. If I upgrade my system will it brick the system No it won't, should I just stay on 3.2 and not worry about upgrading any? Stay on 3.2 it's the best homebrew firmware

Also lately while playing SNES9x emulator, it keeps popping up saying "Upgrade is available, upgrade now?" Is this for the Wii itself, or for the emulator?It's the emu Is it safe to do this upgrade? Of course it is

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
upgrading is safe, as long as you do updates from your region (always the case if you upgrade via the settings)
Don't do an out of the region disc update, as this WILL brick
Install starfall/preloader to stop disc updates

krissynz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Starfall installed, and thanks for the quick replies. So if it's safe to upgrade, why do you really need Starfall? Is this mainly for if you are playing non-region games?

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
krissynz said:
I have Starfall installed, and thanks for the quick replies. So if it's safe to upgrade, why do you really need Starfall? Is this mainly for if you are playing non-region games?

Starfall is used to protect you against bricks but Preloader is better. If you want an easy guide and setup go to www.softmii.org

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
preloader and starfall are made by the same person,
only preloader will be updated in the future, and preloader is better

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Preloader has a LOT more hacks and you can boot directly to the HB channel. You can also recover from a brick without a GC controller. Altough BootMii will be the ultimate brick protection when it comes out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox