Will there be any news left for E3?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by FAST6191, May 31, 2012.

May 31, 2012
  1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    It was joked about last year and to a lesser extent in the years running up to it but looking around the USN section and beyond not to mention companies lacking a or seriously downplaying their E3 presence (even to the extent of creating their own or descending upon "lesser" events) it seems might not net anything other than a handful of release dates and a few new trailers. Not that I am complaining as such for most things e3 seem to tend towards being soundbites and nothing more and not having to cram it into e3 increases the chances of something interesting being said. I will have to admit I tend not to delve into E3 as much as I did in the mid 2000s and just watch the shows and hope someone fishes out anything truly interesting that might be happening elsewhere but I stand by the opening assessment.

To that end discussion of things released prior to E3 and what you are expecting to see from E3 and whether it means E3 is getting less relevant than before?

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I dunno I think Nintendo have done really well keeping most of their secrets, we've got 5 days to go to their conference and other than a new Mario & Pikmin (which they've confirmed themselves) we don't know what they are doing. I can see a shit ton of stuff leaking in the next few days what with booths and what not being set up.

Not sure if they'll announce much for 3DS, they've still yet to have released many games from last years. There is yet another rumour concerning a 3DS redesign as some stores in Japan have suddenly ran out of 3DS stock though sales are strong and they're doing new colours so it may not make business sense for them to do a redesign.

The other companies, maybe more Kinect stuff from MS, probably another variation of the 360 announced. Sony will do the same stuff...they've never really bothered with E3 that much but I hope they focus on the Vita more.

It seems like all the attention is on Nintendo, they're really putting a lot into making sure people know that they're at E3 this year. I can easily see the other two maybe mention slight information on their next consoles nothing huge but just something to get attention.

3. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    I just want more little kids playing Kinect :D FIST BUMP!

1 person likes this.
  4. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    I'm expecting news on the WiiU, and I'm expecting all the companies to flesh out the teased news with some screenshots/footage/details, but other than that, yeah, there's not much to show. Nothing big, in any case. Unless Microsoft drops an Xbox 720 on us.

5. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft and a bunch of others haven't revealed anything yet so there will be plenty at E3.

6. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well there's been so many rumors left and right that hard confirmation is what we're looking for. Plus the can has still be tight on a lot of things and there's few actual game leaks before the conferences. Like there were plenty of games announced at E3 last year that were completely unheard of until then.

7. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I seriously hope the 3DS doesn't get a redesign at all. That's the last thing it needs.

8. Guild McCommunist

United States
    Unfortunately the first thing it needs is an analog stick with a non-terrible peripheral.

1 person likes this.
  9. ShadowSoldier

Canada
    No it doesn't, the first thing it needs is games. Sure the 3DS picked up some steam with games, but recently it's been bleh and passable. Before you redesign the 3DS, give us games that will actually make us use a second analog. Because so far, there's nothing out there that needs it really.

10. gamefan5

Member gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Canada
    It is inevitable There WILL be a redesign.
    Note before you post that I didn't say that it needs one NOW.

11. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    With all these companies trying to nab publicity by making their announcements early, all that's left for E3 are scraps... or the huge, megaton announcements of legend.

Come on, guys, don't disappoint us here.

12. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    No, it needs a second analog stick. It's getting loads of games already so that isn't a problem.

These games use a second stick,
    • Resident Evil Revelations
    • Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
    • Kid Icarus Uprising
    • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
    • Monster Hunter Tri G
    • Ace Combat 3D: Rumble Cross
    • Dynasty Warriors VS
    • Monster Hunter 4
    Luigi's Mansion, E.X.Troopers and Heroes of Ruin will also probably use it. There are games that make use of a second analog.

13. Guild McCommunist

United States
    Agreed but if Heroes of Ruin plays like a standard dungeon crawler then you should be fine with the circle pad. Just thought I'd point that out.

14. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Nintendo's kept a lid on things. Their NDAs are strict as fuck.
    The other guys though, I don't know what they're doing, spilling the beans on new Ratchet and Dead Space games before the show.

15. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    I've noticed this too. It seems Nintendo is the only one keeping any secrets. I doubt we'll have many megaton announcements from Sony or Microsoft since all the interesting stuff is being unveiled early.

16. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    Kid Icarus uses the second stick as an either/or, not simultaneously. Metal Gear & RE are mildly improved by it. Listing a bunch of games that aren't even out yet (and therefore we don't really know how the stick will be used) pretty much makes me ignore the argument.

You know when some mouth-breather goes on about such and such is the best system because, and then lists 20 upcoming games? Exactly like that.

The 3DS is not going to be 'fixed' by an integrated second analog. It needs engaging software. The Vita has a second analog, and there's not much I can do with that except twiddle it around, because the games are even fewer and farther between.

17. Veho

Croatia
    So I guess the answer to this topic's question is, "not really."

18. ShadowSoldier

Canada
    There are still conferences. It's going to take a few days to get all the info from E3 considering the line ups and shit.

19. Veho

Croatia
    But I doubt there will be any big surprises. Anything big would have come during the big three's conferences, the rest will just be "games everyone expecting confirmed for release" and some minor details.