Will the Switch Pro Controller work on the WiiU/vWii?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by CLOUD9RED, Jan 26, 2017.

1. CLOUD9RED
    OP

CLOUD9RED GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2016
    Swaziland
    I'm planning to buy Pro Controllers for my WiiU. But maybe I should simply wait for the Switch Pro Controllers to come out. My gut tells me they will work some way or another, what do you guys think and know for sure on this topic?

2. jubbagee

jubbagee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    Probably not maybe once the consoles hacked but you are talking a good few years look how long it took to smash the wii u wide open

CLOUD9RED likes this.
  3. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    It'll work on PC way before that, at which point there's Dolphin and CEMU. I would definitely wait to test it out on Wii U before buying one.

TotalInsanity4 and CLOUD9RED like this.
  4. CLOUD9RED
    OP

CLOUD9RED GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2016
    Swaziland
    Thanks. Yes, I was thinking just waiting a month to know for sure.

5. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    WiiU is dead, I doubt Nintendo will put any development into it at all, including making the Switch Pro Controller work for it. If it worked, they probably would have said that already to help increase sales of it.

6. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Our good friends at Mayflash may be able to help.

7. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Maybe homebrew programs that can recognize bluetooth controllers like Nintendont would be able to recognize the controller, maybe.

Frankly, I'm just more hopeful that the Switch will eventually be able to be played with Wii U pro controllers. Nintendo has stated that they'd look into adding support to specific controllers in the future but at launch it wont support other controllers. So it seems possible.

Last edited by duffmmann, Jan 26, 2017