Will R4 work on 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 5%, Oct 29, 2011.

Oct 29, 2011

Will R4 work on 3DS? by 5% at 7:44 PM (6,458 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. 5%
    OP

Member 5% GBAtemp Fan

I don't want to feel regretful for selling my Ak2i but it is what it is!

Does R4 work on 3DS?

2. AaronUzumaki

Member AaronUzumaki A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon

United States
    Only R4i works on 3DS and you have to make sure to get one of the ones that specifically mentions 3DS. I just got one today for $20.00 US, which includes 2-3 day priority shipping.

3. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    Not all r4i's (aka clones) will work on the latest 3ds firmware, despite stating it will work on the 3ds. If you want a r4i clone that works with the latest 3ds, provides bootstrap updates that will counter future 3ds firmware updates, and has wood support for great compatibility to games, I recommend the r4i Gold 3ds (make sure you get the clone from http://r4ids.cn and not a crap clone, as there are multiples of flashcarts that have 'Gold' and '3ds').

The ak2i also supports latest 3ds firmware, is upgradeable, and has akaio support for great compatibility.

EDIT: on topic: if you're referring to the r4 original (with wood support), no, it's not compatible with the 3ds. If you still want wood on 3ds (and sdhc/4gb or more memory), get the r4i Gold 3ds.

4. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    Question is why would you sell your Acekard 2i for a r4?

If however you insist then I suggest you get the R4i Gold by http://www.r4ids.cn/

5. 5%
    OP

Member 5% GBAtemp Fan

I sold my Ak2i when I sold my DSi but I had a R4 laying around :(