Hacking Will publishers avoid physical releases now?

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe 10-20 years from now companies might try taking this approach. But I doubt it will happen anytime soon. There are still people without good internet in many places, especially smaller towns. Plus, the pirating scene probably doesn't make up enough to really hurt developers and producers too much. In fact, I imagine most game devs and publishers have a business model that takes piracy into account for financial projections.

JellyPerson

https://discord.gg/BMVma8j
Banned
Trophies
Website
https.htp
XP
Country
Korea, North
I think with the recent news of REVII being released through a cloud gaming service (depending on the success of it), it could pave the way to a completely new type of gaming and game system. If a game is being streamed directly from a server rather than being bought, downloaded and installed from anyone of the content delivery systems (be it eshop/google play/itunes/psonline/xbox live/steam), it makes piracy incredibly difficult. At the end of the day isn't that what games developers and software company's want? We have forced this situation with piracy and homebrew and unfortunately I think the days of physical release for games and software are over.
Have you guys even ***heard*** of OnLive?

fout21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The only reason I ordered the Xecuter is because Nintendo doesn't allow sharing the software within the family!
We bought a second Switch for our son recently and I've purchased all games in the eshop (Mario, Kirby, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Minecraft, Pokemon, Splatoon 2 and tons of Nindie games). When they announced Nintendo Family sunscibtion we decided to buy the second Switch assuming the feature allowed my son to play my games as well (just like the PS4).
Nintendo told us we could forget such a feature. Not happening now or in the future. Glad the device is hacked already and my son will be able to play all the games we already purchased.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason I ordered the Xecuter is because Nintendo doesn't allow sharing the software within the family!
We bought a second Switch for our son recently and I've purchased all games in the eshop (Mario, Kirby, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Minecraft, Pokemon, Splatoon 2 and tons of Nindie games). When they announced Nintendo Family sunscibtion we decided to buy the second Switch assuming the feature allowed my son to play my games as well (just like the PS4).
Nintendo told us we could forget such a feature. Not happening now or in the future. Glad the device is hacked already and my son will be able to play all the games we already purchased.

As well as games you haven't purchased. Fuck Nintendo. As long as they are anti-consumer, I will be anti-Nintendo. As a developer they are great. As a company they are close to Apple in levels of fuckery.

Reactions: whateverg1012

Scottla94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From an economic stand point nintendo and third party companies loose more mony by manufacturing a cartridge and at the same time they loose more revenue from people being able to resell a cartridge so im surprized they havent gone all digital yet

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
They will just make the physical cartridges only 4gigs, and have you download the rest, like Doom did and few others, cuts down on cost, and forces user to upgrade to latest firmware and lock in content to his console.

jramirex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
didn't that fail miserably?,also i doubt it as some ppl who buy a switch may not have internet at home

It did. And even now Nvidia's take on streaming games (Gamestream NOW) is also failing miserably. We are many years away from mainstream streaming games, plus greedy ISP and politics are going to keep delaying it too.

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if they do so, team xecuter has promised we will be able
to play eshop games too in a future update

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But how can we play (cough) pirate 'streaming' games, unless there a way around the server-checks that capcom or nvidia does to see if you have right to stream games! :)
Well, talking about streamed games, I strongly dont think they gonna keep up with this
streaming thing since even those who live in japan cant play the game smooth. I can tell you that cuz I m currently here, tried it out and man,
it kinda runs but its not even near to what it is like on pc, ps4 and so forth. So I believe this streaming thing will get buried real quick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]