Hardware Will Nintendo repair/replace a console if parts are missing?

DGenerateKane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a wii off ebay with a bad dvd drive that I intend to try to fix myself. It arrived today, but in the box was a second wii the seller decided to just give me. I tested it and my assumption is it is bricked (no video). I wouldn't mind paying nintendo $99 (or whatever it is they charge) to fix it but the gamecube MC and controller port covers are gone as well as the faceplate. It looks like the faceplate was removed incorrectly, there is a piece of plastic sticking out on one side that was definitely broken, looks like a gamecube disc is still inside and someone made a piss poor attempt at trying to retrieve it. So would Nintendo fix or replace it for the standard out of warranty fee?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive sent them a wii that was missing both covers on the gamecube side of the wii. the wii was still under waranty. they ended up mailing me a new/refurb wii for no charge since the wii i sent in was irreparable. the one i got in return even had all the covers on it.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
giantpune said:
ive sent them a wii that was missing both covers on the gamecube side of the wii. the wii was still under waranty. they ended up mailing me a new/refurb wii for no charge since the wii i sent in was irreparable. the one i got in return even had all the covers on it.

Nintendo supply gamecube & sd covers for a small handling fee if you get in touch. Someone at work got them last year.

Also replacement wrist straps are free, I bought three wiimotes from hong kong that came with the old style ones. The online web form wouldn't take my serial number because it was made after the replacement straps came out, after emailing the support centre I got them within a couple of months.

If the wii has been opened then I'd take a look inside to make sure there wasn't any evidence of a mod. If not and the Wii doesn't turn on, then it's worth sending back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place