Gaming Will Nintendo eventually make a 'joint' account for all system

crazyj3ss

hmm
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mods: If this is in the wrong section, please move it.

Anyways, the 3DS has gotten a good start with the Virtual Console concept expanding further than what the Wii was getting(release wise) and since with the Wii U and the Nintendo Network popping up late this year, it could be possible that we might get rid of this FC system and just have one Nintendo account.

With this in mind, do you think it would be possible for them to allow you to download VC titles on whatever system you want and be able to play at home on the big screen or take it on the go when you have to leave? They already have the infrastructure to allow full 3DS retail downloads on the system, so, memory wise, it'd be possible to allow anything from the GCN, N64, etc. and backwards. Obviously emulation is out of the question for the first, but maybe ports could work and be sold as digital downloads? The CPP would make N64 possible without having to map buttons and such anyways.

A lot of people found it weird how we were getting regular ports posed as retail games earlier in the year and Nintendo and everyone is worked up at how popular flashcarts, secondhand stores, etc. are, with them not gaining any money off of it, so maybe something like this could work. Depending on how hard it would be to port over games that wouldn't work out in emulation, it would allow them to still make money off of older titles that people can't get a hold of(region specific, older games not available in stores, can't find the systems, the list goes on).

If they were able to get ports, etc. able to be played on the 3DS and the Wii U together(you can play whatever vc you want on either), I know I'd definitely be inclined to buy a heck load of games, knowing I can play them at home or on the road.

Where I currently live, there are no gamestores around town, let alone any that have a decent amount of 'retro' games, so otherwise I'd have to order them online and such, which can be a hassle if I can't find any good bundles. I know a bunch of other people are in a situation like this as well, where they can't find what they want without having to order from a bazillion people. Who better to solve this than the big N(especially when they can increase profit, which is a big Yay to them anyways)?

I wonder what this whole Nintendo Network will bring/change about their current working with things like VC titles. I know they are trying to keep things going and going by limiting their releases, but like one a week isn't cutting it, especially seeing how there are TONS of games that will never see the light of day outside of their original releases eons ago. They like re-re-re-releasing games anyways, so why aren't they trying to get my money now?

I know there will be people who disagree, but please do not troll. I just want to see what people would think about a joint account, VC mainly, when this Nintendo Network arrives. I hope they do all they can to make it a big success, to get rid of all the haters who think their online work will never improve.

Reactions: 1 person

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seriously doubt it. I had hoped that the eshop would have been an account like XBLA or SEN, but instead it's the same as it was on the DSi. Maybe it's their way of curbing gamesharing, but I don't know.

I do know I dislike re-paying for games I already own.

crazyj3ss

hmm
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, right? I would definitely repurchase just for the sake of being able to play them on the go or at home, when I want, if it's even possible. At least they're expanding though, I guess, I can only hope that it changes for the better when the NN is launched, they can do much better. With them wanting to compete in the online-like scene, this could be really helpful, too. I would love to have one account where everything is in place.

crazyj3ss

hmm
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I pretty much hope they make it one account that you can register both systems on and they would share things like Vc and stuff(obviously not everything would be shareable, but at least hope that would be);

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Nintendo Network will be a single identity system.

Confirmed for Wii U on single identity.
Confirmed to be coming on 3DS.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
this sounds a bit far-fetched, but it would be seriously awesome if it came true. imagine playing a SNES game on wii vc, saving and signing off, opening your 3ds, briefly syncing online, and resuming the same game where you left off moments later.

crazyj3ss

hmm
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this sounds a bit far-fetched, but it would be seriously awesome if it came true. imagine playing a SNES game on wii vc, saving and signing off, opening your 3ds, briefly syncing online, and resuming the same game where you left off moments later.

Exactly, I would love to be able to play either's VC games on the other system, so I have the option to take the game(s) on the road and be able to play them on the big screen.

@[member='chris'],

Thanks for confirming that, I think; let's see how this plays out.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the idea (even though its clearly just taking what the vita does and doing it with VC -.-) and from what little we know about the new smash bros they may already be thinking about something like this. What I would LOVE to see more though is some system where I can be playing a round of KI multiplayer or SSB match at home, and then pop open my 3DS and transfer my Wiiu data to my 3DS and play on the go while my brother plays with me at home. Kinda like a hamachi style distant local multiplayer.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mods: If this is in the wrong section, please move it.

Anyways, the 3DS has gotten a good start with the Virtual Console concept expanding further than what the Wii was getting(release wise) and since with the Wii U and the Nintendo Network popping up late this year, it could be possible that we might get rid of this FC system and just have one Nintendo account.

With this in mind, do you think it would be possible for them to allow you to download VC titles on whatever system you want and be able to play at home on the big screen or take it on the go when you have to leave? They already have the infrastructure to allow full 3DS retail downloads on the system, so, memory wise, it'd be possible to allow anything from the GCN, N64, etc. and backwards. Obviously emulation is out of the question for the first, but maybe ports could work and be sold as digital downloads? The CPP would make N64 possible without having to map buttons and such anyways.

A lot of people found it weird how we were getting regular ports posed as retail games earlier in the year and Nintendo and everyone is worked up at how popular flashcarts, secondhand stores, etc. are, with them not gaining any money off of it, so maybe something like this could work. Depending on how hard it would be to port over games that wouldn't work out in emulation, it would allow them to still make money off of older titles that people can't get a hold of(region specific, older games not available in stores, can't find the systems, the list goes on).

If they were able to get ports, etc. able to be played on the 3DS and the Wii U together(you can play whatever vc you want on either), I know I'd definitely be inclined to buy a heck load of games, knowing I can play them at home or on the road.

Where I currently live, there are no gamestores around town, let alone any that have a decent amount of 'retro' games, so otherwise I'd have to order them online and such, which can be a hassle if I can't find any good bundles. I know a bunch of other people are in a situation like this as well, where they can't find what they want without having to order from a bazillion people. Who better to solve this than the big N(especially when they can increase profit, which is a big Yay to them anyways)?

I wonder what this whole Nintendo Network will bring/change about their current working with things like VC titles. I know they are trying to keep things going and going by limiting their releases, but like one a week isn't cutting it, especially seeing how there are TONS of games that will never see the light of day outside of their original releases eons ago. They like re-re-re-releasing games anyways, so why aren't they trying to get my money now?

I know there will be people who disagree, but please do not troll. I just want to see what people would think about a joint account, VC mainly, when this Nintendo Network arrives. I hope they do all they can to make it a big success, to get rid of all the haters who think their online work will never improve.

Why don't you ask Nintendo about it ? It is a good question. You have a good point as well. It is better if you ask Nintendo for better answer. We don't know everything. :)

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
tl;dr

but just my 2 cents, it would be nice, but it would involve a lot of work for Nintendo. they'd have to port ALL of their VC titles on ALL handhelds and consoles they have (that can support it). i don't know how similar or different their coding would be on each platform so... yeah. lot of work.

i think they'd rather have it so that you buy the game separately for each platform, but keep saves on a cloud.

also, this sounds a lot like Transfarring (Sony). if it is, i doubt Nintendo will bite.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
tl;dr

but just my 2 cents, it would be nice, but it would involve a lot of work for Nintendo. they'd have to port ALL of their VC titles on ALL handhelds and consoles they have (that can support it). i don't know how similar or different their coding would be on each platform so... yeah. lot of work.

i think they'd rather have it so that you buy the game separately for each platform, but keep saves on a cloud.

also, this sounds a lot like Transfarring (Sony). if it is, i doubt Nintendo will bite.
That's not QUITE what I had in mind... I'm specifically referring to the more "dated" virtual console rereleases, like SNES and GBA. That wouldn't really require that much coding at all, right?

crazyj3ss

hmm
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the idea (even though its clearly just taking what the vita does and doing it with VC -.-) and from what little we know about the new smash bros they may already be thinking about something like this. What I would LOVE to see more though is some system where I can be playing a round of KI multiplayer or SSB match at home, and then pop open my 3DS and transfer my Wiiu data to my 3DS and play on the go while my brother plays with me at home. Kinda like a hamachi style distant local multiplayer.

I like that idea as well, as it would fit anyways, lol. ;D

Why don't you ask Nintendo about it ? It is a good question. You have a good point as well. It is better if you ask Nintendo for better answer. We don't know everything. :)

I doubt they would reveal much until the time is right, lol. I believe they will.

tl;dr

All handhelds? Apparently the service is going to be for the 3DS and Wii U mainly, and since the DS is taking it's last breaths of life, I think it's fair to keep this topic for just the former 2. Anyways, I see what you're saying about them having to do all this work but, imo, it would pay off greatly.

One of the main reasons people probably aren't using the VC(s) as much right now is because there are only a select few titles(in comparison to how many they have altogether, although they shouldn't have to do everything, I agree), so people aren't really finding the titles that they want. I myself look each week to see if I want anything off of it, but a good bit of time I don't; This is because they add like what, one title a week, if that? I understand wanting to space stuff out over this generation, but one title per week? With the huge library of old games they have, they could at least be doing 5 at a time.

Out of those 5 maybe they could have 2 of them be gb(c or a), 2 be like snes or nes or something, and then one for the N64 or GCN. This way they could keep with their pattern of weekly releases, but still have a better selection so people could maybe find at least one thing they want. It's not that they are doing that horribly atm, as this time it's been a step up from before, but they could do a lot better(this is the big N we speak of).

Thanks for all of the replies so far. :D

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
It would be interesting if this worked both ways. Buy a SNES title play it on the 3DS, buy a GBC title and play it on the Wii U. They could emulate the Super Game Boy or the Game Boy Player to reduce the amount of work that needs to be done. As crazyj3ss says, this would unify the releases across the network like PSN. This would make the large number of current Wii VC releases available for the 3DS, but would require porting the emulators one by one (although they already have the NES emulator up and running).

Reactions: 1 person

crazyj3ss

hmm
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be interesting if this worked both ways. Buy a SNES title play it on the 3DS, buy a GBC title and play it on the Wii U. They could emulate the Super Game Boy or the Game Boy Player to reduce the amount of work that needs to be done. As crazyj3ss says, this would unify the releases across the network like PSN. This would make the large number of current Wii VC releases available for the 3DS, but would require porting the emulators one by one (although they already have the NES emulator up and running).

I wish they'd realize that, no matter how good a game is, people aren't going to be happy paying for it a million times(even if they seem like it). I mean it's one thing re-releasing a game later down the line as a VC title, etc., but at least let us play it on all current systems.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I wish they'd realize that, no matter how good a game is, people aren't going to be happy paying for it a million times(even if they seem like it). I mean it's one thing re-releasing a game later down the line as a VC title, etc., but at least let us play it on all current systems.
+1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s