will nand backups work with the 9.3+kernel exploit when it comes

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by hacksn5s4, Jan 2, 2016.

1. hacksn5s4
    OP

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    asking this incase 3ds gets bricked even if i follow instructions right the update file or whatever could get corrupted unlikely but it could happen i have had stuff on sd corrupt before

Last edited by hacksn5s4, Jan 2, 2016
  2. kiwiis

kiwiis キウィイス

Sep 8, 2015
    How about you stop making pointless threads in broken English every few hours and read the forums?

3. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    You would have to be hardmodded and make a nand backup via that to get a nand backup if you are on 9.3+
    I believe we need more than just ARM11 kernel to have full access to the nand via software.

So... Get the downgrade file when it gets released, then hope and pray.
    Or if you want to be extra careful then get a hardmod done and backup nand with it before doing it.

Also nand backups from other 3DSes would only work on that specific 3DS.

kiwiis likes this.
  4. gallymimu

gallymimu EE Expert

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    you shouldn't ask questions about stuff that nobody knows since it hasn't been released yet. OR you should specifically ask the developer (which you shouldn't do because they should be spending their time developing.)

5. BurningDesire

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    Well what do you mean?

Will you be able to back up your nand? - Yes
    Will you be able to restore your backed up nand - No

You can use the gateway launcher to back up your nand. However you have to hardmod your 3ds to install the backup. If you brick it.