Will my micro SDHC memory card work?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Twilight Loz, Apr 29, 2009.

Apr 29, 2009
  1. Twilight Loz
    OP

Member Twilight Loz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Soz if im double posting, (i think I made this thread before but I don't know if I did).

If I use my nokia 5800 micro SDHC card (8gb) on the acekard 2i, will it work on the acekard 2i?

And I bought my acekard 2i from Deal Extreme (im still waiting for it) but do they sell fake acekard 2i's and do they give the micro sd/sdhc card reader with the acekard 2i?

2. blooddrake

Member blooddrake GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    i believe that will work

3. Twilight Loz
    OP

United States
    I was hoping that I would get a better answer than 'Yes, I believe it will work'.

I need to be sure, and what is formatting and how do I formatt?

4. Twilight Loz
    OP

United States
    I was hoping that I would get a better answer than 'Yes, I believe it will work'.

I need to be sure, and what is formatting and how do I formatt?

Soz, i accidently clicked on submit post 2 times... ¬_¬

5. klopfdreh

Member klopfdreh GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    The "sorry" about double posting is just "bla bla" because you posted it again. Look at the back of the acekard2i package or on the discription of your reseller. EVERYWHERE you are looking the acekard2i is presented as sdhc compatible, so why do you post it again in here? ....

6. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    if you dont know what formatting is then you should stay away from flashcarts, or get yourself something simpler then the acekard, r4 for example.....

7. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    If we give him/her an R4 they'll be back saying "This ROM isn't working blah blah blah" due to the R4's very poor compatibility. So why not just teach them how to use an Acekard?.

Formatting is a procedure which is used to lay out the memory of the storage device you are using. This is important when using ANY flashcard because the flashcard is constantly reading/writing information to it. For example, if you are playing a game, the flashcard is reading the MicroSD. So if its too slow, you will have lags in the game.

Yes your MicroSDHC should work perfectly. Use the Panasonic Formatter to format your MicroSDHC. Make sure you have a MicroSDHC reader or that if your computer has an SD slot, that it is SDHC compatible. People say to use the Panasonic Formatter because Windows does not have the correct knowledge to format the card to the best of its ability.

~ Jon

EDIT: DX does not sell Fake AK2i's but whether or not the SD reader that comes with it is SDHC Compatible is unknown to me.

8. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    No Micro SD card reader is included with the Acekard 2i from DealExtreme.

9. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    Are Nokia-branded SDHC even has classes? I was curious on how fast an 8 GB Nokia SDHC even has.

10. Camshi

Newcomer Camshi Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Yeah that should work fine as i tried a 4GB MircoSD from a Nokia phone and it ran fine, just make sure there's no phone stuff left on it. And for USB Card Readers my Recommendation is, Sandisk Mobile Micromate Reader as they are good value for money and especially easy to carry around.

11. Lube_Skyballer

Member Lube_Skyballer GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    The 2GB Nokia MicroSD that shipped with my N82, made the interface of the phone very slow.

12. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    I highly doubt that files on a Micro SD card can effect the performance of you're phone. If you're phone relies on a memory card to remain snappy then I laugh at you.

13. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    I just ditch the Nokia branded and buy a real memory card. Then again, you got yourself a genuine card, after all. Yeah, they work. I tried my 1GB on the first day I bought my R4 from Nokia 5300 and it worked fine. Nokia SDHC are still very....hmmmmm...as wether they have class or not or how much speed do they have