Will Kingdom Hearts 3D get boring?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Metab., Mar 30, 2013.

Mar 30, 2013
  1. Metab.
    OP

Member Metab. Check my signature for the latest news on the 3DS

Australia
    I enjoyed the other games but i feel once i finish it theres nothing to do to keep me having fun on it.
    Havn't got it yet, girlfriend brought it yesterday for my birthday
    Can someone list pro's and cons n stuff? What they like/dislike about it? :)

2. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I have played all of them, but I bought this one and sold it right after. It's not a bad game or anything, it was fun (though annoying) to complete.
    But yeah I don't see the replay value. Others have spent hundreds of hours into the game though, so it depends on the player. I only bought it because I'm invested in the "story".

I hate Kingdom Hearts but I still have to know how it ends after years of playing them :(

Personal pros/cons

Pros
    Fun, fast gameplay
    Story is good (to KH fans at least, mediocre at best to non-fans)
    DISNEY

Cons
    DISNEY (Too much of the same)
    The drop limit. Forcing a switch of storyline every ten minutes is annoying.

3. TheCasketMan

Member TheCasketMan Keyblade Apprentice

United States
    Pros: Everything you like about KH, awesome graphics, confusable story, same gameplay but with new cool twists, mind blowing opening
    Cons: short/linear, sora's voice with puberty(lol)

4. Metab.
    OP

Australia
    Sounds reasonable.
    But since I can't get alot of games I would rather either get a different one or take it back when im done
    But a gift frrom a girlfriend makes that hard, dont want to upset her, can you give me any idea on games that can keep me enjoyinh myself for heaps long?

5. GamerzHell9137

Member GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Mario Kart 7.
    It took me 200+ hours lol
    If just i could play it online....

6. 2ndApex

Member 2ndApex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's probably my favorite spin-off title in the series, which is pretty dang good because I liked BBS too.

The drop system does a good job telling the story with multiple characters (lol BBS) but there'll be a few 3DS smashing moments if you forget to use a Drop-Me-Not and switch characters in the middle of a boss battle or something. The Dream eaters are kinda like trippy Nintendogs that give Sora/Riku some pretty cool abilities/movesets. The worlds are great looking (TRON and Fantasia yeeesssss) but story mode by itself can be short if you breeze by without doing much with the Dream Eaters or exploring/looking for collectibles.

It seems like a small thing but the intro is amazing BTW, it was enough to make me glad it wasn't on any other system.

riyaz likes this.
  7. Metab.
    OP

Australia
    Sounds pretty good actually.
    Well hopfully she'll get mario kart 7 aswell :)

8. kirbymaster101

Member kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I'v spend a good load of my time just traning my dream eaters and getting the right dispositions. Lord Kyroo's buffs are awesome! I love it. The only thing that might turn off people, is just like BBS,(melding commands) u need to grind dream eaters with water barrels if u want the cool spells like dark firagea sonic blade, arcs arcanim , mega flare, firaga burst. That might make alot of people not like this game because in kh2 u didn't really need to worry about stuff like that(besides grinding drive forms and summon)

riyaz likes this.