Hacking Will it be possible for the new Wii's to get softmodded in the fut

spawn844

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New wii's to be hacked in the future? I dont see why not?
Look how the psp turned out every new firmware got hacked after another i'm sure are nice devs will see the new firmware and hack it some how.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There will always be new doors that can be opened. Just look at the PSP scene. If the twilight hack is blocked, a new exploit will be found. It really is a cat and mouse game between hackers and companies... But where as Sony is more like an aggressive tiger, Nintendo is more like a fat lazy house cat. Sure on occasion it'll make a half hearted attempt to catch the mouse... but it gets 3 square meals a day and will never have to worry about eating for the rest of it's life(the wii's life cycle) so it can afford to take it's time.

spawn844

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
koji2009 said:
There will always be new doors that can be opened. Just look at the PSP scene. If the twilight hack is blocked, a new exploit will be found. It really is a cat and mouse game between hackers and companies... But where as Sony is more like an aggressive tiger, Nintendo is more like a fat lazy house cat. Sure on occasion it'll make a half hearted attempt to catch the mouse... but it gets 3 square meals a day and will never have to worry about eating for the rest of it's life(the wii's life cycle) so it can afford to take it's time.
As sonic would say your to slow;)

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there is always someone who is crafty enough to figure out a work around..

im sure it will happen soon enough..

dwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
of course man, only the new LU64xx wii's are unsoftmoddable.

possibly lu63xx's aswell, i don't think anyone has found out exactly what serial prefix it started at, could be 63 or 64 i say, since i believe it was wiiblaster that said one he did was LU62xx and it was fine

shadowmanr6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its bs, just modded 1 last week witha LU64, confirmed on the receipt, unless its from a reputable person dont believe the crap

dwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^i guess it's possible, we don't know exactly at what serial number these wii's that won't install some ios's started at.

i can assure you some new wii's will NOT softmod with current methods, alot of reputable guys have already said it.

you can believe what you want, i'm not lying and neither are they.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shadowmanr6 said:
its bs, just modded 1 last week witha LU64, confirmed on the receipt, unless its from a reputable person dont believe the crap

dude, numerous people are posting the same issues.

what is the SN on your wii? not the sn on the receipt, the actual sn on the wii. if it is an LU64 then mabey you can post what you did to softmod your wii

not trying to be rude, just trying to help out the folks out there that are in this sticky situation

shadowmanr6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wal mart puts the serial onto your receipt as a way for them to prevent people from swapping consoles , but i confirmed on the wii itself since its just sitting at a friends. as far as what steps i took, i do the offline method of wadding it up and installing the system menu, i havent used the any region changer, my only beef is people continuing to claim its a specific serial which is misleading atm and just continues to spread that claim

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Everything is possible but you can't predict the future
tongue.gif

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As I recall Team Twiizers once stated they already have other exploits available/ready once the good old TP hack is REALLY shut down a by Nintendo.
So yeah, homenbrew will remain possible on future wii's.

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am confident that the " new " wii's will be able to be softmodded in the future.

I know a number of people who have tried numerous options from modding current apps to trying new ones to try and get around the current black screen issues and are getting some success.

I don't know if you can say it's xx63-64 or whatever tho, i have no idea about that.

So, lets just let nature take it's course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat