Will Flashcart for DSi need regular updates?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by kohkindachi, May 4, 2009.

1. kohkindachi
    OP

Member kohkindachi GBAtemp Fan

Singapore
    Hey guys i just want to confirm is there such things as 'upgrade firmware' for DSi console like PSP?

For R4, it is still playable even for new released games(excluding those piracy protection and some minority nu. of roms), so if I buy a flashcart for DSi let say itouch 2/acekard/m3reali will it works like normal NDS Lite flashcart or?

2. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    yes, it will work like a normal lite flashcart. the one thing you have to worry about is that the DSi can update it's firmware. However, that is not mandatory (as far as we know so far) so just avoid updating and your carts should run fine [​IMG] even if you update, im sure developers/companies will find some way to circumvent the firmware (eventually)

3. kohkindachi
    OP

Member kohkindachi GBAtemp Fan

Singapore
    Huh. So DSi is now like PSP with firmware?

Gosh that means whenever they update theirs, the cart will need to be updated [​IMG]

4. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Yes, it's one of the reasons why the DSi was released. It now has upgradeable firmware. So far, none of their firmware updates block any flashcarts. We just have to wait and see...

5. Camshi

Newcomer Camshi Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Well i suppose if they update and fix things using Firmware updates for the DSi then hopefully it will improve the console, and thus the Cart Teams will follow suit and update therefore not allowing any team to get stagnant providing ever improving OS and Firmware for the Carts. Hopefully then we will simply see more of the dedicated and better performing Carts and Teams and less cloning [​IMG]

6. Uruha

Member Uruha GBAtemp Regular

United States
    maybe it was just a scare?
    the DSi was built to reject the old cards but the new ones got around it so maybe itll stay that way. and update-able kernels will prolly keep it safe from being useless

7. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    i dont think nintendo is that dumb...they willl update the firmare and block the carts bt we will find a way around it...i jus hope companies make software adjustment to the flash carts and not a whole new hardware

8. Camshi

Newcomer Camshi Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    There's now rumours circulating, DSi titles will be download only.