Hacking Will Flashcart for DSi need regular updates?

kohkindachi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey guys i just want to confirm is there such things as 'upgrade firmware' for DSi console like PSP?

For R4, it is still playable even for new released games(excluding those piracy protection and some minority nu. of roms), so if I buy a flashcart for DSi let say itouch 2/acekard/m3reali will it works like normal NDS Lite flashcart or?

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
yes, it will work like a normal lite flashcart. the one thing you have to worry about is that the DSi can update it's firmware. However, that is not mandatory (as far as we know so far) so just avoid updating and your carts should run fine
smile.gif
even if you update, im sure developers/companies will find some way to circumvent the firmware (eventually)

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kohkindachi said:
Huh. So DSi is now like PSP with firmware?

Gosh that means whenever they update theirs, the cart will need to be updated
frown.gif

Yes, it's one of the reasons why the DSi was released. It now has upgradeable firmware. So far, none of their firmware updates block any flashcarts. We just have to wait and see...

Camshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i suppose if they update and fix things using Firmware updates for the DSi then hopefully it will improve the console, and thus the Cart Teams will follow suit and update therefore not allowing any team to get stagnant providing ever improving OS and Firmware for the Carts. Hopefully then we will simply see more of the dedicated and better performing Carts and Teams and less cloning
biggrin.gif

Uruha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe it was just a scare?
the DSi was built to reject the old cards but the new ones got around it so maybe itll stay that way. and update-able kernels will prolly keep it safe from being useless

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i dont think nintendo is that dumb...they willl update the firmare and block the carts bt we will find a way around it...i jus hope companies make software adjustment to the flash carts and not a whole new hardware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence -